One minute call to ensure important animal legislation stays intact

  • Kristie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2013
      There perhaps has never been a more urgent need to call California Senator Barbara Boxer. Right now, the House farm bill contains language that could nullify state laws protecting millions of animals. Written by notoriously anti-animal Iowa Republican Congressman Steve King, it would put our laws banning puppy mills, horse slaughter, shark finning, dog meat sales, and gestation crates (and dozens more) all in jeopardy. Yes, that's the same Congressman King who waged a battle against a bill that would've made it a crime to take kids to dog fights.

      The House and Senate versions of the farm bill are about to be combined via a Congressional conference committee. While the House version has the King language, the Senate version does not. It's key that we make sure the King segment is dropped prior to the final bill being approved. Can you please call Senator Boxer's office and leave a message urging Congress to strip the King provision from the farm bill? Here's her number: 202-224-3553.

      You can simply say, "Hi, I'm ___, I'm a constituent. My address is ____, I'm calling to encourage you to do all that you can to ensure that the King Amendment is stripped from the Farm Bill (and elaborate if you want)."
      Thank you!