FW: SolFest is back, you can help!

  • arlen baden
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2013

      SolFest is back, you can help!
      !
      Is this email not displaying correctly?
      View it in your browser.

      SolFest is back, we need your help!

      Volunteer
      Dear Friend of SolFest,

      The world's first and coolest solar-powered sustainability festival is back.  SolFest will be happening on Saturday, August 17th, and we need your help!

      Volunteer positions are available in every area - help at the front gate, in the kitchen, parking and greeting, or in any area where your skills best fit.

      Won't you join us?

      YES I WANT TO HELP!
      Please reply to Doron Amiran - SolFest Development Director: doron@... and let us know a few things
      Name:
      Email:
      Phone:
      I have volunteered for SolFest before.  Yes/No
      If yes, what did you do for us?
      If yes or no, what would you like to do for us?

      * You'll receive FREE ENTRANCE (tickets $20 Advance/$25 at the door for ages 14+), FREE CAMPING, some food and lots of APPRECIATION! *

      Go to www.solfest.org to find out more about SolFest

      Event
      Saturday, August 17th, noon - midnight
      Volunteers needed starting Thursday August 15th - Sunday August 18th
      Where
      13771 S Hwy 101, Hopland, CA

      Featured Performers

      Poor Man's Whiskey Northern California’s outlaw music bards bring a reputation for high-energy live shows and an incomparable fusion of bluegrass/old time, southern rock, and old school jam to stages and festivals world wide.  This “High-Octane Hootenanny” will certainly delight those interested in a foot-stompin good time.

      Albino The SF Music Award-winning ALBINO! is a ten-piece Afrobeat ensemble that honors the fiery legacy of Nigerian musical revolutionary Fela Kuti. ALBINO’s high-energy grooves and explosive stage show thick with hypnotic percussion, a heavy horn section, African dance, outrageous costumes, and infectious group choreography have established the band as the West Coast’s premier Afrobeat act.

      Alice diMicele Alice DiMicele seeks to uplift the human experience through music. Her lyrics are love incantations to the elements earth, water, fire, and air. Drawing from a rich musical background including folk, jazz, funk, rock, and soul DiMicele’s acoustic music incorporates many styles creating a fresh funky stew all her own.

      Avant Gar-bage: Trash Fashion Show Every single piece of fashion presented at their shows are made of trash, garbage or debris. Members of the original Haute Trash and founders of Troupe de Trash are now proud to present the latest in cutting edge trash fashion: Avant Garbage!

      DJ Dragonfly
      Join us for the dance-hall after party with DJ Dragonfly, who will be ending the festival with trans-global whomp, liquid groove, ecstatic bangers, and suspended freefalls!!!
      Copyright © 2013 Solar Living Institute, All rights reserved.
      You volunteered at a past SolFest or with the Solar Living Institute
      Our mailing address is:
      Solar Living Institute
      13771 S Hwy. 101
      Hopland, CA 95449