Fwd: Ingredient Survey

  • Dixie Mahy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2013

      INGREDIENT SURVEY

      From: VRG Intern <intern@...>

      Subject: Ingredient Survey

      In order to answer inquiries we receive from food companies, we are gathering information concerning vegans' and vegetarians' opinions on what should be labeled as vegetarian or vegan. We'd appreciate it if your group could answer these questions and give us your group's opinion on these questions. Thanks so much.
      - Karen & Kitty, The Vegetarian Resource Group Interns

      Survey can be filled out and submitted online via the following link:
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1i97UWMDqRUINcdROuPfgQujv-cGZwgWf-Ym-icrWlYc/viewform

      If you prefer to print the survey and submit via mail or fax, please print this e-mail and return to:
      THE VEGETARIAN RESOURCE GROUP, P.O. BOX 1463, BALTIMORE, MD 21203
      FAX (410) 366-8804

      Name of group filling out survey: _______________________________
      Name of person filling out survey: ______________________________

      Is it okay to give your group name and report their opinions?
      ___ Yes
      ___ No
      ___ Please keep anonymous
      ___ Okay to mention we participated in survey, but don't report our specific answers.

      What is your definition of vegan?

      What is your definition of vegetarian?

      As long as an item does not contain meat, fish, or fowl (or obvious items like gelatin), is it okay to label products as vegetarian in a restaurant without worrying about the microingredients?
      ___ Yes
      ___ No

      As long as an item does not contain meat, fish, or fowl (or obvious items like gelatin), is it okay to label products as vegetarian on a food package without worrying about the microingredients or processing aids?
      ___ Yes
      ___ No

      As long as an item does not contain meat, fish, fowl, dairy, eggs, or honey (or obvious items like gelatin), is it okay to label products as vegan in a restaurant without worrying about the microingredients?
      ___ Yes
      ___ No

      As long as an item does not contain meat, fish, fowl, dairy, eggs, or honey (or obvious items like gelatin), is it okay to label products as vegan on a food package without worrying about the microingredients or processing aids?
      ___ Yes
      ___ No

      It is okay to label products with the following as vegan:
      (please check all that apply)

      ___ Unknown sources of sugar (May or may not contain cane sugar whitened through bone char)

      ___ vitamin D from lanolin

      ___ cysteine from an animal product

      ___ cysteine from human hair

      ___ products that have ingredients made from feathers

      ___ soy yogurt culture that started as a gene over 20 years ago from a dairy culture

      ___ fruit covered with wax from an insect secretion

      ___ An otherwise vegan veggie burger cooked on the same grill where meat is cooked, if the grill is cleaned first

      ___ A meat alternative grown from animal cell DNA obtained ten years ago, which does not currently involve the raising of animals

      ___ none of the above

      Thank you for your work to promote vegetarian and vegan diets.