Dr. Richard Oppenlander, Wed. May 22 at 6 pm, plus Vegan Dinner

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2013
      DR. RICHARD OPPENLANDER, WED. MAY 22 AT 6 PM, OPERA PLAZA
      This Wed. evening, May 22 at 6 pm at the Opera Plaza Community Room, 601 Van Ness, San Francisco, Dr. Richard Oppenlander, leading sustainability advocate, will explain via video 'Why Eating Local, Less Meat, and Taking Baby Steps Won't Work.'

      Dr. Oppenlander was recently featured at the McDougall Advanced Study Weekend. In his presentation, he makes a compelling case for how the transition to a plant-based diet is the most practical, effective and sustainable solution to our most serious environmental problems as well as debunking the most popular misconceptions about sustainability.

      Author of "Comfortably Unaware: Global Depletion and Food Choice Responsibility," Dr. Oppenlander is a sustainability and wellness advocate, writer, and speaker committed to improving the health of our planet. Through literary work or in person, he brings an eclectic combination of experiences regarding this topic spanning the past 40 years.

      Since the early 1970′s, Dr. Oppenlander has extensively studied the effect our food choices have on our health and the immense impact those choices have on our environment. He is president and founder of an organic vegan food production and education business, and has given hundreds of lectures, presentations, and open discussions on the topic of food choice. He has been a featured guest appearing on radio shows, in newspapers and magazines.

      With "Comfortably Unaware" as well as with his speaking engagements, Dr. Oppenlander addresses the fact that our current choices of foods are causing Global Depletion-the loss of our land, water, air/atmosphere, food supply, biodiversity, energy resources, and our own health. In compelling fashion, he reveals serious inefficiencies and unsustainable practices in our current food production systems and explores unique solutions. Along the way, Dr. Oppenlander challenges audiences with new insights regardinghow this has happened- exposing our cultural, social, educational, governmental, and even media influences.

      This presentation is of great importance in helping understanding not only the WHY of going vegan, but the HOW. What works, and what does not work. Dr. Oppenlander explains it all.

      Before his presentation, enjoy a fabulous vegan dinner prepared by a certified Nutrition Consultant, Patricia Allen Koot, NE, NC. Totally vegan, totally health-supporting, made without eggs, dairy, honey, oil or added sugars, and delicious! This dinner will leave you with a sense of well-being which more and more people are commenting on.

      Come enjoy the dinner and the lecture this Wed. May 22 at 6 pm at the Opera Plaza Community Room, 601 Van Ness, San Francisco. Take the elevator to the first floor, then security will key you down to the mezzanine for the event.

      A fifteen dollar requested donation covers the all you can eat dinner AND the lecture by Dr. Oppenheimer. The Nutrionist donates her time. Funds go toward facility rental, food, transport and other costs.

      RSVP to (888) 234-1361 or email to: rsvp@...

      Presented by Wellness Central
      David Koot