this sums up what Americans don't know about their food...

  • sunny outdoors
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2013
      just go into a SAfeway, FOod for less, etc... and see what people are buying

      I know that for many, their journey will end there, but my real hope is that this increased awareness will take us on a deeper exploration to discover the real problems and real dangers in our food — factory farming, GMOs, highly refined and processed ingredients, pesticides, synthetic fertilizers — all the POISONS in our food and water! I’m imagining that this trend to say “goodbye to gluten” is just the first step in a deeper awakening and remembering how we are supposed to be eating. How our grandparents and great-grandparents ate not that long ago. Everything was organic.  Most was local.  Food was safe and nutritious and nourishing — not part of our entertainment, not something to stuff in our mouths while we are busy doing something else. Food was something we enjoyed with others, something we prepared ourselves; we took time to attend to it because it’s important, life affirming and it’s about love.

      i don't have a gluten intolerance but the way food/wheat is hyberdized
      people are getting sick

      the above paragraph taken from:

      sign, Sunny
      SIGNATURE:
       Human hunger: Did you know..."More than 90% of soybeans, 80% of corn and 70% of grain grown in the US goes to feed livestock! 800 million more people could be fed if the grain fed to livestock was used to feed people." (David Pimentel, Professor of Entomology, Cornell University.)
      *********
      we lost to Monsanto and Dupont, but we are going to get smarter in getting rid of of u in our bodies
      ==
      farm fishing is bad in many ways
      http://www.salmonaid.org/index.php/education/why-eat-wild-salmon.html
      and there's not enough wild salmon or fish to go around....in 10 years!