Esther's German Bakery

  • rojony57
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2006
      Sent Esther's German Bakery an email and this was the response.

      "Our Pretzels are vegan (beside the cheese pretzel of course) and all
      our breads except the Challah bread are vegan.

      We bake our cakes with fresh butter."

      Unknown to me what makes the Challah bread not vegan.
    • rojony57
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 2006
        Here is the Q:

        Unknown to me what makes the Challah bread not vegan.

        Here is the A:

        The EGG-WASH on the bread ... other than that its vegan (we use
        extra-virgin olive oil instead of butter.