This weekend - Vegan Workshop and Retreat with Dr. Will Tuttle in San Francisco

  • Dr. Will Tuttle
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 25, 2013
      Hi everyone - just wanted to let you know about this event that starts tomorrow -

      Presented by the Sivananda Yoga Center in San Francisco

      This weekend – Vegan Workshop & Retreat with Dr. Will Tuttle in San Francisco
      The World Peace Diet: Creating A New Culture of Peace
      Sivananda Yoga Center, 1200 Arguello Blvd., San Francisco – 415-681-2731
      Friday through Sunday April 26 – 28, 2013
      More info - http://www.sfyoga.com/pages/upcomingevents.shtml

      https://www.facebook.com/events/439762002777823/permalink/446051365482220/

      * Are you concerned about our culture's mistreatment of people, animals, and the Earth? * Do you feel called to help create a positive future for our children and the world? Do you long to untangle and understand the hidden roots of the dilemmas we face as individuals & a society? * Do you aspire to develop skills to embody, share, and teach healthy and compassionate living for service, fun, and/or your livelihood?

      It is becoming obvious that spiritual veganism is a cutting edge of engaged spirituality in our world today. Understanding how the deep structure of our culture confines us to the shallows of consciousness provides keys to authentic personal and planetary transformation. This workshop is unique in providing the vegan, spiritual, and deep cultural perspectives that effectively furnish the foundation and inspiration for lasting, positive change.

      Dr. Will Tuttle, author of The World Peace Diet, is a pianist, composer, educator, and recipient of the Courage of Conscience Award. A former Zen monk, his Ph.D. from U.C. Berkeley focused on educating intuition and altruism. He presents ongoing events promoting peace through compassion for all life. “A healthy, enthusiastic, and profoundly happy vegan since 1980, and Dharma Master in the Zen Buddhist tradition. He says "I see my mission as one of bringing the message of radical inclusion to our wounded and fragmented culture."

      Weekend Workshop
      Donation sliding scale 45-$65 full program
      ($25drop-in individual lectures)

      Session#1 Revealing the Hidden Programs
      April 26 Friday 6:00 - 8:30pm

      Goals: to reveal the hidden dimensions of our cultural programming that undermine our happiness, health, wisdom, and abundance, and to become knowledgeable about the foundation of both personal and social transformation and liberation

      Session #2: Understanding the Foundations of Health
      April 27 Saturday 1:30 - 4:30pm

      Goals: to understand the foundations of physical, psychological., and spiritual health and the interconnectedness of all dimensions of our lives with each other, and with the larger wholes in which we are embedded.

      Session#3 Awakening Our Capacities to Know and to Serve April 28 Sunday 1:00 - 3:45pm

      Goals: to awaken our capacity to serve the benevolent transformation that is rippling through our culture, and to deepen our intuitive connection with the unerring wisdom within us.

      Session#4 Living the Transformation
      Sunday Satsang April 28 6:00 - 8:00pm

      Goals: to authentically deepen our embodiment of the benevolent revolution that our future is calling forth, and to more clearly live the truth of the interconnectedness of all life, and our own life as a beautiful, creative celebration that brings unique and meaningful blessings to others and to our world.

      GO DEEPER AND STAY AS A GUEST AT OUR YOGA CENTER
      3-day World Peace Rejuvenation Retreat
      ($275 limited space • includes workshop)

      To go deeper into the experience and also enjoy a weekend at the Yoga Center we are offering a rejuvenation retreat. This retreat will includes: The 3-day workshop, yoga classes, meditation, 3 nights accommodation (shared room), mindfully prepared yogic vegetarian meals daily, chanting, and pujas at satsangs,. This retreat will be conducted in accord with the ashram retreat regiment with early morning meditation, yoga classes, and karma yoga. There are only 4 spots available for the retreat and limited appointment times for treatment, so apply & register soon for an amazing weekend of yoga practice, bliss, and wisdom.

      Contact Narayan Chaitanya for more details: narayan@... or call (415) 681-2731

      Full Schedule at http://www.sfyoga.com/pages/upcomingevents.shtml