HSUS' Paul Shaprio speaking in Oakland tomorrow night

  • Kristie
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2013
      What: Join Paul Shapiro, Vice President, Farm Animal Protection of the Humane Society of the United States as he discusses "The Right Climate for a Saner Diet."
      When: Thursday, April 25, 7-8 p.m.
      Where: James Irvine Foundation Conference Center, 353 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Oakland, CA 94612 (map)

      This Earth Day, with the prospect of meaningful climate change policy from Washington perhaps dim, it's time to recognize the important actions we can each take–every time we sit down to eat. Whether to protect the planet, prevent animal abuse, or improve health, our food choices have enormous power. In this talk, we'll hear why so many people and companies are making a shift toward a more plant-based diet, and how they're doing it.

      Shapiro has played an integral role in numerous successful legislative and corporate campaigns to improve the plight of farm animals.

      Shapiro's work has helped enact farm animal protection laws in California, Arizona, Michigan, Maine, Colorado, Oregon, and Ohio. He's also worked with dozens of companies, including some of the world's top retailers, to improve animal welfare in their supply chains.