TODAY! Anti-KFC Demo, Noon & Advocates' Luncheon 1:15, SFVS & VJTB, S.F.

  • Bonbonsf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2006
      TODAY! AUGUST 13, 2006
      Two ways to help animals in San Francisco TODAY on Sunday, August 13! Come
      to one or both:

      Please note: the Advocates Letter-Writing Luncheon goes forward,
      rain or shine.
      The anti-KFC Demo is on in sun, fog or light drizzle, but canceled
      in the event of rain.

      (1) Join the Veggie Jews' Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society and participate in the
      PETA campaign against Kentucky Fried Cruelty (see
      _www.Kentuckyfriedcruelty.com_ (http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/) ). You
      can educate the public regarding
      KFC's treatment of chickens by passing out leaflets at KFC, 1900
      Irving Street at the corner of 20th Avenue in San Francisco from Noon
      to 1:00 p.m. PETA is providing the literature.

      (2) Sponsored by Veggie Jews Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society:
      Advocates' Luncheon: At 1:00 p.m. we'll walk two blocks to
      Shangri La vegetarian
      restaurant (2026 Irving St. at 22nd Ave., 731-2548), a Kosher-vegan
      restaurant, where we'll order around 1:15 p.m. This is a chance to
      eat tasty, low-cost, Chinese vegan food; to socialize; and most
      importantly, to spend a few minutes writing letters to help relieve
      the suffering of animals. Suggestions for subjects and recipients
      of letters will be available but feel free to bring your own agenda,
      as well as your own paper, envelopes, pen and stamps.
      For information and to
      RSVP, write to _veggiejews@..._ (mailto:veggiejews@...) .
      Posted by Bonnie Knight, San Francisco

      [www.sfvs.org, The San Francisco Vegetarian Society:
      For health and humanity,
      promoting vegetarianism since 1968
      SFVS is a non-profit organization that has been working in the Bay Area for
      nearly 40 years promoting a vegetarian diet as a healthful and humane way of
      life.]

      [Veggie Jews is an on-line and real world organization with events in local
      communities dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and vegetarians and
      spreading vegan, vegetarian and animal rights values into the Jewish community. All
      Veggie Jews' events are open to Jews of all ages and our non-Jewish friends.
      We are not a singles or religious group, although single and observant people
      are always welcome. For group information or to join, please go to
      _www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews/_