Re: [SFVS] PETA's response re: Colbert Report. They find show unsympathetic to animals.

  • Maynard S. Clark
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 12:12 PM
      "Play on words" - cold bear -
      or cole bear
      or something like that...

      or an animal sitting in a chair with a Stephen Colbert mask on ...

      There could be a dozen (or more) ways to spoof Stephen Colbert.
      I don't think he's the height (or depth) of gravity.

      Maynard
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Maynard S. Clark, MS (Management: Research Administration)
      Google Voice (617-615-9672) reaches all phones | GoogleChat: Maynard.Clark | Skype: MaynardClark
      RAC/GCRA, CIPP, RTP, NIH rDNA, REACH Intermediate certificates (+others)

      LinkedIn | ResearchGate | Academia.edu | Google+ | Xing | Blog Links Twitter | Facebook | Google Profile | VegWeb  | Wikipedia

      Welcoming connections on LinkedIn and FANS at Facebook

      On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Maynard S. Clark <maynard.clark@...> wrote:
      Colbert is "his own person" (and IMO not accountable to anyone else - only to his own ratings and financial prospects).
      Oh, is he 'loved' and funded.

      Maynard
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Maynard S. Clark, MS (Management: Research Administration)
      Google Voice (617-615-9672) reaches all phones | GoogleChat: Maynard.Clark | Skype: MaynardClark
      RAC/GCRA, CIPP, RTP, NIH rDNA, REACH Intermediate certificates (+others)

      LinkedIn | ResearchGate | Academia.edu | Google+ | Xing | Blog Links Twitter | Facebook | Google Profile | VegWeb  | Wikipedia

      Welcoming connections on LinkedIn and FANS at Facebook

      On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Judith Gottesman <judithrachelleg@...> wrote:

      Our Los Angeles office decided not to contact Colbert since they know that he is unsympathetic to animals, and to PETA, based on our correspondence with him in the past. We are hoping that, as you mentioned, viewers will draw their own conclusions regarding the cruelty and absurdity of showing adorable piglets, then eating a pig’s flesh and joking about it.

      --
      Judith Gottesman, MSW
      Matchmaker and Date Coach