SFVS: Wanted Volunteers for World Vegetarian Day, Sept 30 and October 1

  • rojony57
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2006
      Dearest Volunteers,
      Greetings and how are you all? I hope you are well, and are
      thinking about once again volunteering at the upcoming World
      Vegetarian Day celebration. You may have heard through the
      vegetarian grapevine that this year we are going to have a TWO-DAY
      event -- Saturday, September 30, and Sunday, October 1, 2006! Wow!
      The event will again be at the San Francisco County Fair Building, at
      9th & Lincoln, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. We are hoping that
      we will be able to attract more people this way, but also that the
      event will be less crowded and noisy and therefore more inviting.
      I'm not sure this makes sense, but that's our rationale!
      The volunteer orientation will take place on Thursday, September
      14, 2006 at the Institute on Aging, 3600 Geary Blvd., San Francisco,
      at 6:30 p.m. Details about that later, but please mark your
      calendars.
      If you know now that you can volunteer on either or both days,
      please let me know already. Also, if you already know what volunteer
      job you would like to do because you did it last year, please let me
      know that also. I will be more specific about the shift times and
      specific jobs a little later. This is mainly to alert you to the
      fact that your services are soon going to be needed in a big way, and
      to let you reserve the dates above. THANK YOU, VOLUNTEERS!
      Please contact me by e-mail at nloewen@...; or by phone at
      (415) 750-0614. Oh -- and if you know friends or family or any other
      category of person who would like to volunteer, please send them my
      way! Do spread the word -- HELP!

      All the best,
      Nancy Loewen
      World Vegetarian Day Volunteer Coordinator