Animal Rights speaker, Emily Gallagher

  • Dixie Mahy
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2013
      UU Animal Ministry & SFVS Invite You to the UU Breakfast Forum
      with Animal Rights Speaker, Emily Gallagher "Animals in Our Lives"
      prior to MEAT OUT LUNCH, Sunday, March 24, 2013, 9:30 to 11:45 a.m.
      Attendees are welcome to attend the service to 12:00 p.m.
      or enjoy sitting in the lovely courtyard until the MEAT OUT LUNCH at 12:15 p.m.

      Unitarian Universalist Breakfast Forum
      Martin Luther King Room
      First Unitarian Universalist Church , San Francisco
      1187 Franklin Street at Geary
      Sunday, March 24, 2013

      Speaker:  Emily Gallagher and the UU Animal Ministry

      Animals in our Lives

      Moderator:  Karen Melander-Magoon, D.Min.

      Breakfast:  Melvin Starks, Donald Wilton, Susan Hughes

      9:15 Gathering
      9:30 UUSF Forum and introduction of Speaker
      10:30 Questions
      10:45 Adjournment

      March 24, “Animals in our Lives:  The Unitarian Univeralist Animal Ministry with Emily Gallagher ---reflections on the annual “Meat Out” to be held after the 11:00 service.

      Emily Gallagher studied philosophy at University of Colorado Boulder where she focused on animal and environmental ethics.  She worked in a humane society as an adoption counselor and assisted in the training and behavior center there. She is now president of the Hastings Animal Law Society and is in her final semester of law school. Since last summer she has worked or volunteered for the Animal Legal Defense Fund.