Northern CA's First Animal Law Symposium

  • Dixie Mahy
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24 1:26 AM
      NORTHERN CA's FIRST ANIMAL LAW SYMPOSIUM

      Subject: Northern CA's First Animal Law Symposium

      Hi Dixie-

      I am part of the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund (student chapter of The Animal Legal Defense Fund at Golden Gate University School of Law here in San Francisco.  This coming weekend on March 2nd we are going to be hosting Northern California's First Annual Animal Law Symposium.  The event is open to the public and the admission fee will include three delicious vegan meals.  I have included information about the event below, as well as a link to the website.

      Is this something that The San Francisco Vegetarian Society would be interested in included in your email newsletter?  Thanks so much for your consideration & please let me know if you have any questions!

      On Saturday, March 2, 2013, 7 CA ABA-accredited law school Student Animal Legal Defense Fund (SALDF) chapters will host the first-of-its-kind California Annual Animal Law Symposium (CAALS) at Golden Gate University (GGU) in San Francisco. The Symposium will consist of 8 back-to-back panels featuring legal practitioners with various animal law expertise. Schiff Hardin partner, Bruce Wagman, will introduce the event and Wayne Pacelle, CEO of the Humane Society of the United States, will speak as the midday keynote. There are 3 dining events included in the registration price and MCLE credit is available. This is an excellent opportunity for attendees to network with attorneys, alumni, animal law practitioners, and law students. Even if you are not in the legal profession, this in depth overview is a great opportunity to learn about legal issues affecting animals and the animal rights movement!

      Please contact caals2013@... for more information or to register go to http://caalsymposium.com/

      Students with ID - $10.00
      Attorneys with MCLE Credit - $80.00
      Attorneys without MCLE Credit - $50.00