John Mackey/Whole Foods Market

  • Susanne Gallo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2013
      Greetings Veggie Friends,

      Since I live in Oakland (Rainbow Grocery is too far), I primarily shop at the Berkeley Farmer's Market but there are some things I unfortunately need to buy at Berkeley Bowl and Whole Foods Market.  I know individuals who work at BB and WFM.  Berkeley Bowl is also not unionized but their benefits appear to be very good, employees appear happier there, and when they are closed on several holidays (sometimes, 2 days in a row), their employees get paid.

      John Mackey and Whole Foods Market owners/management does not allow its employees to unionize, refuses to pay "overtime" and instead, offers an employee a "vacation day" when they are requested to work 6 days/over 40 hours a week, and has fired employees who were involved in the "People against Wall Street Movement" (can't recall their name).

      John Mackey seems to be an insensitive, manipulative, and greedy billionaire CAPITALIST who contributes to the violence of animals by selling meat, fish, and dairy products.  Nevertheless, I will continue to try to maintain an open-heart and mind toward all human and animal beings, including Mr. Mackey.

      Susanne

      Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2013
      Time: 6:30 p.m. Check-In; 7:00 p.m. Program; 8:00 p.m. Book Signing
      Location: Oshman Family JCC, 3921 Fabian Way, Palo Alto
      Price: General: $12 Members; $20 Non-Members
      Premium: $40 Members & Non-Members (includes copy of book and reserved seating)

      For tickets call 1-800-847-7730 or register online at https://www.commonwealthclub.org/events/2013-01-23/john-mackey-whole-istic-approach-capitalism-sv

      sign, Sunny
      SIGNATURE:
      pls LIKE this, my friend posts new videos every day
      https://www.facebook.com/FrenchAmericantv
      *********
      we lost to Monsanto and Dupont, but we are going to get smarter in getting rid of of u in our bodies
      ==
      farm fishing is bad in many ways
      http://www.salmonaid.org/index.php/education/why-eat-wild-salmon.html
      and there's not enough wild salmon or fish to go around....in 10 years!