SFVS January Calendar of Activities, Program & Annual Meeting

  • jcadiz2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2013
      SAN FRANCISCO VEGETARIAN SOCIETY January Calendar 2013
      P.O Box 2510, San Francisco CA 94126-251, 415-273-5481.
      Check Website: www.sfvs.org or Voice Mail hot line: 415-273-5481 for updates on events.

      DATE CHANGE for Annual Meeting
      Annual Meeting and Refreshments, Saturday, January 12, 2013, 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.*
      Community Room, 630 Valencia, corner 17th Street, San Francisco
      This meeting is for dues paying members only. It is important to attend, as we need a quorum in order to proceed. Reports of past activities and future plans including our 14th annual World Veg Festival, September 28 & 29, 2013. Ideas for activities are welcome especially if you are willing to implement them. There will be vegan refreshments served after the meeting. Your RSVP will help us gage the amount of food to order.

      "Healing Cuisine for the New Year" Cooking Class, Tuesday, January 15, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
      By Meredith McCarty, Author and Nutrition Educator
      Redwood High School, Room 120, 395 Doherty Drive, Larkspur
      $50 per class. SFVS members receive 10% discount.
      To register & receive discount, contact Meredith at Meredith@... or 415-945-3730.
      Menu: Vegetable Miso Soup with Tofu; Fresh Shitake Mushrooms & Ginger; Brown Rice Mochi with Dipping Sauce; The Best Pickles You Can Buy; Rustic Apple Tart.

      Wednesday Night Vegan Dinners by Patricia Allen Koot
      Sponsored by Wellness Central and SFVS
      January 16, 23, 30, 6:00 p.m. followed by divers programs
      Opera Plaza Community Room, 601 Van Ness, San Francisco.
      $15 includes dinner & program. RSVP requested: 888-234-1361 or rsvp@...
      Take the elevator to the first floor; Security will key you down to mezzanine.
      Jan. 16, Dr. Stephen Bizal; Empower the Healer Within; Jan. 23, Linda Riebel, How Vegetarians Are Saving Endangered Species (to be confirmed); Jan. 30, Miyoko Schinner (to be confirmed).

      Vegan Dinner Party celebrating National Handwriting Day, Saturday, January 19, 5:30 p.m.
      Thai Idea Restaurant, 710 Polk Street, between Ellis & Eddy Streets, San Francisco
      MUNI #47 or 49 on Van Ness, walk 1 block east to Polk then 1/2 block north.
      $20 includes tax & tip. Space limited. Send check made out to SFVS with your name & phone number or e-mail for confirmation to: SFVS, c/o Joseph Cadiz Treasurer, 73 Rondel Place, San Francisco CA 94103 by January 12th. Include telephone number or e-mail for confirmation. Without advance payment, $23 at the door with RSVP 415-273-5481 by January 16 for accurate count of guests.
      Vegan Menu: Crispy Tofu; Chicken; Brown Rice; Thai Samosa, Vegan Beef Salad, Pad Kee Mow with veggie chicken; Pineapple Fried Rice with tofu; Red Curry with veggie beef, Vegan Lamb Yellow Curry; Vegetable Combination, Pad Baby Corn with veggie shrimp. Desserts & Drinks are extra. (Peanuts will be served on the side rather than mixed into dishes. Note: some peanut residue may be present in some items for those with a peanut allergy.)
      Discount Coupon included: Everyone attending the dinner will get a coupon redeemable for $2 off any individual lesson with SFVS calligrapher Dave Goggin.
      For details, see: www.PointedPenClub.wordpress.com.

      Vegan Drinks, last Thursday of the month, January 31, 6 to 8 p.m.
      Martuni's, corner of Market & Valencia Streets, San Francisco
      Vegan Drinks returns for the last Thursday of the month. Come for a great time to unwind from work, meet & greet other vegetarians/vegans, enjoy exotic alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks, and announce your favorite upcoming event on open mike at 7:45 p.m.
    • Carmen Lee
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2013
        Happy new year, JC!

        Ooops, our annual meeting date changed to Sat.?!  Yikes, now I'm 50-50 chance attending so order food for me :-)

        Check Website: http://www.sfvs.org/ or Voice Mail hot line: 415-273-5481 for updates on events.

        DATE CHANGE for Annual Meeting
        Annual Meeting and Refreshments, Saturday, January 12, 2013, 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.*
        Community Room, 630 Valencia, corner 17th Street, San Francisco
        This meeting is for dues paying members only. It is important to attend, as we need a quorum in order to proceed. Reports of past activities and future plans including our 14th annual World Veg Festival, September 28 & 29, 2013. Ideas for activities are welcome especially if you are willing to implement them. There will be vegan refreshments served after the meeting. Your RSVP will help us gage the amount of food to order.

        "Healing Cuisine for the New Year" Cooking Class, Tuesday, January 15, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
        By Meredith McCarty, Author and Nutrition Educator
        Redwood High School, Room 120, 395 Doherty Drive, Larkspur
        $50 per class. SFVS members receive 10% discount.
        To register & receive discount, contact Meredith at mailto:Meredith%40healingcuisine.com or 415-945-3730.
        Menu: Vegetable Miso Soup with Tofu; Fresh Shitake Mushrooms & Ginger; Brown Rice Mochi with Dipping Sauce; The Best Pickles You Can Buy; Rustic Apple Tart.

        Wednesday Night Vegan Dinners by Patricia Allen Koot
        Sponsored by Wellness Central and SFVS
        January 16, 23, 30, 6:00 p.m. followed by divers programs
        Opera Plaza Community Room, 601 Van Ness, San Francisco.
        $15 includes dinner & program. RSVP requested: 888-234-1361 or mailto:rsvp%40wellnesscentral.us

        For details, see: http://www.pointedpenclub.wordpress.com/.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 8, 2013

        • jill@theveggiequeen.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 10, 2013
            I am unable to attend the membership meeting and would really like to be a speaker at this year's event in September. My newest book Nutrition CHAMPIONS will be out by then. I would love to inform the audience about the best plant-based foods to choose for health. Please let me know what the process is for doing this.

            I have spoken (actually did a cooking demo) at SFVS World Veg Day (weekend) before but it's been a few years. Please let me know how to get onto your radar.

            Thank you,
            Jill

            Jill Nussinow, MS, RD
            The Veggie Queen
            Vegetable, vegetarian, vegan and pressure cooking expert