Feb 23: Chinese New Year dining out and parade

  • jcadiz2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2013
      CHINESE NEW YEAR DINNER & PARADE:

      Celebrate the Year of the Snake with the San Francisco Vegetarian Society at our annual Chinese New Year banquet on Saturday, February 23, 2013, from 5-7PM at Enjoy Vegetarian Restaurant, 839 Kearny St. (betw. Jackson & Washington). You can watch the Chinese New Year Parade go by right in front of the restaurant, which is just before the finish line <http://www.chineseparade.com/route.asp>.

      The menu for our fabulous thirteen-course meal includes three appetizers, one soup, and nine entrees, all for only $30 for SFVS members; $35 for non-members; $40 after February 16; tax, tip and tea included.

      We have selected these delicious dishes:
      1. Steamed dumplings
      2. Bean curd sheets w/ciliantro
      3. Veggie Shark's fin soup:
      4. Lettuce wrap
      5. Bean curd rolls w/vegetables
      6. Chinese broccoli w/ginger & wine
      7. Eggplant w/veggie sea bass
      8. Fresh mushrooms w/fried soft tofu & broccoli
      9. Lotus root, lily, vegetables & peas
      10. Sweet & sour soy chicken
      11. Stir-fred pea sprouts
      12. Spinach & pine nut fried rice
      13. House special chow mein

      No onions or garlic are used. Mock meats made of soy and yam. The only gluten used is in the soy sauce for #3 and #8 and #13. chow mein.

      Please make your check out to: S.F. Vegetarian Society and send to our treasurer: J.Cadiz, SFVS, 73 Rondel Place, San Francisco CA 94103. Checks must be received by Feb. 16, 2013.

      Interested in joining SFVS? See: http://www.sfvs.org/benefits.php.

      For more information about the Chinese New Year banquet, contact: Janet Tom,janet.tom@... or call 415.674.1987.