get your act together please

  • joyce *
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2003
      PLEASE get your act together.

      Reminding me on the 31st of an event on the 30th is not working.

      >From: SFVeg@yahoogroups.com
      >To: SFVeg@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [SFVeg] Digest Number 61
      >Date: 31 Oct 2003 12:16:21 -0000

      >There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      >Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. EarthSave delicious dinner event tonight, Thursday Oct. 30
      > From: Michael Goldberger <michael_Goldberger@...>

      >Message: 1
      > Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:18:53 -0800 (PST)
      > From: Michael Goldberger <michael_Goldberger@...>
      >Subject: EarthSave delicious dinner event tonight, Thursday Oct. 30
      >
      >Thursday, October 30 (6:30 to 9pm)
      >EarthSave Monthly Dinner and Lecture
      >Palo Alto
      >
      >Enjoy a delicious vegan (pure vegetarian) dinner and
      >hear Johanna McCloy speak on "Consumer Activism-Using
      >Your Voice" at the Foundation for Global Community,
      >222 High Street in Palo Alto. Johanna inspires
      >and instructs individuals on how to generate positive
      >changes in the world. She'll show us how to bridge
      >cultural gaps, become empowered, and get results.
      >For more information see her Soy Happy! website:
      >http://www.soyhappy.org
      >
      >Advance dinner reservations are required to guarantee
      >seating:EarthSave members - $12; Non-members - $15;
      >At-the-door: $20 (if space available). Free lecture
      >starts at 7:30pm. For reservations call:
      >408-380-1214; Email: bayarea@...; Web:
      >http://bayarea.earthsave.org; Mail: EarthSave Bay Area
      >Chapter, P.O. Box 865, Cupertino, CA 95015-0865.
      >Credit cards accepted: MC, VISA, AMEX.

      >http://shopping.yahoo.com

      Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your current Internet access and enjoy
      patented spam control and more. Get two months FREE!
      http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa
    • David Purdy
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
        Hey Joyce and the rest on Digest mode, as well as those who are posting for
        events - sometimes Yahoo Groups chokes, and fails to send out digests in a
        timely fashion. For instance, today (11/2) I received another group's digest,
        which contained a message posted on Wednesday, for a Thursday (10/30) event.
        (time) Shift happens.

        Anyhow, to event organizers, it is important to post events several days in
        advance, in case those of us on digest mode get the email a day or two later.
        Also, depending on the group, you may have write access to the calendar, and
        it's good to make use of that. People may check it occasionally...

        David