SUNDAY!! 6-18 VegJewsTB & SF VegSoc. anti-KFC Demo Noon & Advoc.Lunch 1:15

  • Bonbonsf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2006
      REMINDER - SUNDAY, JUNE !8!
      Also, note, the date for July is changed to July 23.

      Two ways to help animals in San Francisco on Sunday, June 18 and July 23!
      Each month, come to one or both:

      Please note: the Advocates Letter-Writing Luncheon goes forward,
      rain or shine.
      The anti-KFC Demo is on in sun, fog or light drizzle, but canceled
      in the event of rain.

      (1) Join the Veggie Jews' Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society and participate in the
      PETA campaign against Kentucky Fried Cruelty (see
      www.Kentuckyfriedcruelty.com). You can educate the public regarding
      KFC's treatment of chickens by passing out leaflets at KFC, 1900
      Irving Street at the corner of 20th Avenue in San Francisco from Noon
      to 1:00 p.m. PETA is providing the literature.

      (2) Sponsored by Veggie Jews Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society:
      Advocates' Luncheon: At 1:00 p.m. we'll walk two blocks to
      Shangri La vegetarian
      restaurant (2026 Irving St. at 22nd Ave., 731-2548), a Kosher-vegan
      restaurant, where we'll order around 1:15 p.m. This is a chance to
      eat tasty, low-cost, Chinese vegan food; to socialize; and most
      importantly, to spend a few minutes writing letters to help relieve
      the suffering of animals. Suggestions for subjects and recipients
      of letters will be available but feel free to bring your own agenda,
      as well as your own paper, envelopes, pen and stamps.
      For information and to
      RSVP, write to _veggiejews@..._
      j4y7wOu-uUse6LcOcLi53KJz5HSt) .

      Update: This monthly event will repeat next on Sunday, July 23 (new date!).
      Posted by Bonnie Knight, San Francisco

      [_www.sfvs.org_ (http://www.sfvs.org/) , The San Francisco Vegetarian
      Society: For health and humanity,
      promoting vegetarianism since 1968 SFVS is a non-profit organization that
      has been working in the Bay Area for nearly 40 years promoting a vegetarian
      diet as a healthful and humane way of life.]
      [Veggie Jews is an on-line and real world organization with events in local
      communities dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and vegetarians and
      spreading vegan, vegetarian and animal rights values into the Jewish community. All
      Veggie Jews' events are open to Jews of all ages and our non-Jewish friends.
      We are not a singles or religious group, although single and observant
      people are always welcome. For group information or to join, please go to
      _www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews/_