Vegan Cooking Class - Burgers & Backyard Bites

  • Colleen A. Patrick-Goudreau/Compassionat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2006
      BURGERS & BACKYARD BITES + NEW TASTE TEST: JULY 22nd, 2006
      In our July class, we will feature nutritious, delicious summer foods and give you the chance to try several different non-dairy ice creams. Join us as we cook up:

      *Mushroom Pecan Burgers
      *Spicy Black Bean Burgers
      *Tantalizing Thai Slaw
      *Perfect Potato Salad
      *Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
      *Taste Test: Non-dairy Ice Creams

      WHEN: Saturday, July 22nd -- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
      WHERE: First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro. DIRECTIONS: http://www.uuoakland.org/directions.htm
      COST: $45, plus $5 food/materials fee due on day of class
      HOW TO SIGN UP: Register online or mail a check to Compassionate Cooks P.O. Box 18512 Oakland, CA 94619. You can also sign up for a cooking series. Check out our packages at http://www.compassionatecooks.com/deals.htm.
      PLEASE NOTE: You are considered a TENTATIVE sign-up until we receive your payment, at which time we will send you a confirmation via email.
      DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Friday July 21st
      WHAT TO EXPECT: In our monthly demonstration cooking classes, we feature uncomplicated recipes, debunk myths regarding plant-based eating, eat yummy food samples, and have a lot of fun! Committed to using local, seasonal, mostly organic ingredients, we provide students with copies of the featured recipes, coupons for local groceries and restaurants, and a bevy of resources on nutrition, cooking tips, and more!
      THANKS: THANKS TO IN DEFENSE OF ANIMALS AND HOUSE OF PRODUCE FOR THEIR SUPPORT!
      WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
      "Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. I want to bring all my friends and family here next time. Thank you for all your hard work and effort. I can't wait to come back."

      "I think you have a future as TV's first vegan chef! You should get in touch with KQED!"

      "Awesome class! Loved being exposed to recipes which use ingredients outside of my normal repertoire. Thank you for introducing people to veg cooking in such an enthusiastic way."

      "I am an official groupie! You're so fabulous! It's so nice to be able to go to a cooking class and learn so much about health and compassion as well as learning amazing recipes. And you make the adventure fun and exciting!"

      "How delightful! I'm so glad I came. Wonderful wealth of information. Will definitely return for future classes. The food was so tasty, some of the best I've ever had. Thanks so much!"

      "You have such a warm personality and are so knowledgeable. I love your enthusiasm and will be looking for the TV show!"

      "Great class. Great soups. Great teacher! Your sense of humor is infectious. Thanks."

      "Thank you so much! These recipes were absolutely delicious! I can't imagine missing meat or dairy eating like this. These dishes were not just yummy for vegan food -- they're just flat out yummy! I'm so glad I found out about these classes!"

      "Be Kind to Animals...Don't Eat Them."

      Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
      Founder & Director
      Compassionate Cooks
      P.O. Box 18512
      Oakland, CA 94619
      510.531.COOK (2665)
      colleen@...
      http://www.compassionatecooks.com

      Compassionate Cooks is dedicated to empowering people to make informed food choices and to debunking myths about vegetarianism through cooking classes, nutrition workshops, farm animal sanctuary tours, and cooking DVDs.