look up in the skies for Yes on 37 banners on MONDAY

  • sunny outdoors
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2012

      Plane with Yes on 37 flying over the Bay Area tomorrow! Please take pictures if you see it, and post them on our page!

      Here's the approximate flght plan:
      8am launch from Watsonville

      825am @ 85 x 101
      835am @ 280 x 101
      840am @ 880 x 101
      845am @ 237 x 880
      925am @ 84 x 880
      945-9am @ 80 x 580 x 880
      1030-1045 @ Stanford

      Press Release:

      Prop 37 GMO Message Over the Golden Gate Bridge and Bay Area: Plane flies on Monday

      Whether you live in Fresno, California or New York City, many Americans who care about their food will be keeping a close eye on Prop 37 results come election day.

      Mike Mittenburg from New York City, who, with the help of Diana Reeves from Connecticut and Yannick A. Phillips based in California, organized an aerial banner effort to fly a plane above the Bay area for 3 hours on Monday. "Even though Hurricane Sandy has caused us untold damage, we are keeping a watchful eye on how Prop 37 fares in Tuesday's election and doing what we can to help get the vote out. If Prop 37 passes, we believe that GMO labeling will be traveling East."

      Diana Reeves, from Connecticut, Founder of GMO Free USA, has gathered people from around the country who want GMOs labeled. "Moms, dads, scientists, doctors and farmers; everyday people have taken the power into their own hands. It's very exciting for me to be able to bring people together on such an important issue. Through GMO Free USA, we were able to raise enough money to help pay for
      over 90 billboards in L.A., Fresno and Sacramento. And when we heard that Central Valley farmers said they wanted mini billboards for their area because they support the consumer's right to know what's in their food, Americans rose to the challenge and helped make that happen, too," she said.

      The Ca. State Grange, the oldest agricultural organization in the nation has endorsed Prop 37. Yannick A. Phillips, who is the Ca. State Grange's Legislative Outreach Advocate for farmers and consumers, states that,

      "When you are dealing with corporations such as Monsanto, DuPont and other chemical and pesticide companies providing a financial nest egg to the No on Prop 37 campaign to the tune of $45 million, you need to use every arsenal available, such as aerial messaging and billboards. The people of our nation are starting to understand what is at stake: their health and the freedom to know what is in their food. The unified American momentum wanting to vote for the Dinner Party has finally arrived at the table with their pitchforks in hand, ready to fight."