Don is on the move and exploring housing/gardening options

  • earthdon
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012
      I've been living in Portola Valley and Woodside the last 14 years but one of my landlords died of cancer and his wife wants to rent the house and move into my modern barn apartment, so I need to move by Dec. 1st. Wanted to share my post on the Portola Valley Forum here in case someone has any ideas for me; thanks:

      Hi PV/Woodside Friends,

      Yes, it turns out that people are on the move here, and I really will need to find a new home by Dec. 1st. I am thinking it might be best to mostly go mobile in my nice new-used Sportsmobile camper van and spend the winter mainly helping my mom finish a batch of projects at her house in Burlingame, then consider best options in Spring. However, if anyone in PV/Woodside or elsewhere on the Peninsula might have extra space ("be it ever so humble") they'd like to trade for gardening/caretaking/misc. work from a raw food vegan organic gardening "health nut" who normally gets along great with people and animals as well as plants, I'd be open to exploring any ideas you might have. (I can also coach kids in basketball, baseball, swimming and more.) My landlady Kathleen thanked me for all my good, conscientious work and for my kindness and integrity, and offered to write me a letter of reference, which I could provide. My previous landlord John Zicker at the old stone house property gave me one of those to share, when I can find it again...

      If I'm no longer needed in this area, this winter or in spring, I want to thank all my friends and neighbors here for 14 great years in Portola Valley/Woodside Paradise, and I'll come back to hike and bike and visit when I can!