FW: Please vote YES on Prop 37

  • kalpana mehta
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012

      Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 09:08:20 -0700
      From: eatplants@...
      Subject: Please vote YES on Prop 37

      Dear friends,

      Please share this with YOUR friends, too.

      Monsanto and other companies are spending a million dollars a day to confuse us with misleading television ads.  Prop. 37 would require labeling to tell whether our food has genetically modified ingredients.  All of Europe and dozens of other developed countries already do this.  Here is a wonderful, short ad in support of Prop 37. You won't see it on TV very often  because the Yes on Prop 37 has a tiny fraction of the money that Monsanto has.

      http://youtu.be/jI31JogDLjM

      And below is an excerpt from an email from Michelle Perro, a Fairfax  pediatrician and a friend of mine.  If you want to make phone calls to help educate voters, she provides a link so you can do that at home. Or, if you live in Marin County, you can do it with her at her home this weekend after a hike.

      Whether or not you can call others,  please be sure to vote YES on Prop. 37.

      With love,
      Patti

      Whether you want to eat the GMO food or not,
      this issue is about choice.  You must consider the question as to why 50
      other countries do it and we cannot.

      This confusion of ads is a tactic by the anti-labeling forces that are
      trying to produce confusion.  When voters are confused, they will vote 'no'
      on a measure.  It's an old legal trick that  lawyers often employed which I
      became very familiar with when I crossed into the legal arena when working
      with child abuse patients; discredit the messenger; throw smoke into the
      issues; bad outcome for the kid.

      Now, for those of you that are more scientifically inclined, the pesticide
      issue has been addressed very nicely by Brenda Eskenazi and her group at
      Berkeley in the 12 year on-going Salinas Valley CHAMACOS study.  Pesticides
      not looking good for children's health:

      cerch.org/research-programs/chamacos/

      For those of you who want to know the latest in GMO science that came out on
      9/19/12, I have included the link from the study:

      http://research.sustainablefoodtrust.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Final-Pa
      per.pdf

      For you visual learners, watch http://www.geneticroulettemovie.com for free.
      A definite must see!

      We need your help.  I will be on the phone this weekend.  If you are
      available, please help make phone calls.  I have included that link as well:

      carighttoknow.org/phone_bank<http://carighttoknow.org/phone_bank>.

      Questions? Please email me if you have any questions.  If you would like to
      join me at my house making phone calls on Saturday morning, meet me at my
      house for a 9 a.m. hike, bring your cell phone and we will let the calling
      begin after a little blood flow to the brain. I'll put the coffee on.

      The world is watching.

      Thank you all for what you do for children.
      Please feel free to use this message, personalize it and send it out widely.
      Let your grandma, team, center, tennis partner, ex-boyfriend, accountant,
      barrister, wife and anyone else who might listen to you (take out wife) know
      about this issue.

      Michelle
      415-609-3541