TOMORROW! Veg.JewsTB &SF VegSociety Sun. 5-28 Anti-KFC Demo Noon&Advo.Lunch 1:15

  • Bonbonsf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2006
      REMINDER - TOMORROW!!!
      Two ways to help animals in San Francisco on Sun., May 28! Come
      to one or both:

      Please note: the Advocates Letter-Writing Luncheon goes forward,
      rain or shine.
      The anti-KFC Demo is on in sun, fog or light drizzle, but canceled
      in the event of rain.

      (1) Join the Veggie Jews' Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society and participate in the PETA campaign against Kentucky
      Fried Cruelty (see _www.Kentuckyfriedcruelty.com_
      (http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/) ). You can educate the public regarding KFC's treatment of chickens
      by passing out leaflets at KFC, 1900
      Irving Street at the corner of 20th Avenue in San Francisco from Noon to
      1:00 p.m. PETA is providing the literature.

      (2) Sponsored by Veggie Jews Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society: Advocates' Luncheon: At 1:00 p.m. we'll walk two blocks
      to Shangri La vegetarian restaurant (2026 Irving St. at 22nd Ave.,
      731-2548), a Kosher-vegan restaurant, where we'll order around 1:15 p.m. This is a
      chance to eat tasty, low-cost, Chinese vegan food; to socialize; and most
      importantly, to spend a few minutes writing letters to help relieve the suffering
      of animals. Suggestions for subjects and recipients of letters will be
      available but feel free to bring your own agenda, as well as your own paper,
      envelopes, pen and stamps.

      For information and to RSVP, write to _veggiejews@..._
      jY9DOv5KaA2-EmVud8bvgXYpRcy1RKZmDi03WWbRP2g4sU) .

      [_www.sfvs.org_ (http://www.sfvs.org/) , The San Francisco Vegetarian
      Society: For health and humanity,
      promoting vegetarianism since 1968 SFVS is a non-profit organization that
      has been working in the Bay Area for nearly 40 years promoting a vegetarian
      diet as a healthful and humane way of life.]
      [Veggie Jews is an on-line and real world organization with events in local
      communities dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and vegetarians and
      spreading vegan, vegetarian and animal rights values into the Jewish community. All
      Veggie Jews' events are open to Jews of all ages and our non-Jewish friends.
      We are not a singles or religious group, although single and observant
      people are always welcome. For group information or to join, please go to
      _www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews/_