Vegan dinner & astronomy party, Saturday 5/27

  • Dave Goggin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24 12:42 AM
      I'm going to organize a dinner party on Saurday 5/27 at Shangri-la restaurant (On Irving at 21st?) at about 6:45pm - which is one of the best and oldest vegan restaurants in town. Very tastey and exotic food!

      Then after dinner, about 8:20pm we'll head west to ocean beach at the end of Judah. Once there, assuming we are not afflicted by low clouds, as the stars come out we'll enjoy an unusual and beautiful conjunction between a 1% crescent moon and Mercury, marking what I've designated as the official beginning of Mercury's summer period of visibility. (Most people have never seen Mercury -- it is elusive!) Mars, Saturn, Jupiter and various stars, galaxies, etc. will also be on display for your viewing enjoyment that night.

      Possible dessert afterward at Judahlicious, or drinks.

      Souvenir star maps and Mercury calendar will be provided.

      In the event it's cloudy that night, I'll bring along a fake paper mercury and moon as a consolation. :-)

      Please let me know by friday if you want to join us and I'll send complete directions and details.