Dr. Greger's new nutrition DVD is out (all proceeds to charity)

  • drgreger
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2012
      The new volume of my Latest in Clinical Nutrition DVD series is now available at http://www.humanesociety.org/nutrition (or through Amazon: http://amzn.to/J6yWoe).

      The current batch of videos from my previous DVD on NutritionFacts.org are set to run out soon, so starting mid-month and running through until the end of the year I'll be rolling out the videos from this new DVD, volume 11. The DVDs give folks the opportunity to sneak-preview videos months ahead of time, watch them all straight through, and share as gifts, but there's nothing on the DVDs that won't eventually end up online free at NutritionFacts.org. If you're in need of catching up, I've also packaged the first ten volumes into a 12-disc DVD set .

      Here's the list of chapters from the new volume 11 DVD -- a preview of what's to come on NutritionFacts.org:

      1. Saffron for the treatment of PMS
      2. Wake up and smell the saffron
      3. Saffron versus Prozac
      4. CDC report on environmental chemical exposure
      5. President's Cancer Panel report on environmental risk
      6. Pesticides in Chinese bamboo shoots
      7. BPA plastic and male sexual dysfunction
      8. Pollutants in Californian breast tissue
      9. Food sources of flame retardant chemicals
      10. DDT in umbilical cord blood
      11. How fast can we detoxify from PCBs?
      12. Food sources of perfluorochemicals
      13. Plants versus pesticides
      14. The best baby formula
      15. The wrong way to detox
      16. Lowering dietary antibiotic intake
      17. More antibiotics in white meat or dark meat?
      18. Protein and heart disease
      19. Ergothioneine: a new vitamin?
      20. Changing protein recommendations?
      21. Plant-based bioidentical hormones
      22. Gerson therapy for cancer
      23. Gerson therapy versus chemotherapy
      24. Beauty is more than skin deep
      25. Preventing wrinkles with diet
      26. Standing up for your health
      27. Benefits of fenugreek seeds
      28. ­­Side-effect of fenugreek consumption
      29. Sprouting boosts antioxidant content
      30. Meat mythcrushers
      31. Aspartame-induced fibromyalgia
      32. Diet soda and preterm birth
      33. Erythritol may be a sweet antioxidant
      34. How diet soda could make us gain weight
      35. Neurobiology of artificial sweeteners
      36. Unsweetening the diet
      37. Cancer as an autoimmune disease
      38. Clonal selection theory of immunity
      39. Clonal deletion theory of immunity
      40. The inflammatory meat molecule Neu5Gc
      41. How tumors use meat to grow: xeno-autoantibodies
      42. Nonhuman molecules lining our arteries
      43. Meat may exceed daily allowance of irony
      44. 98% of American diets potassium deficient
      45. Preventing strokes with diet
      46. Potassium and autoimmune disease
      47. Metabolic syndrome and plant-based diets
      48. Whole grains may work as well as drugs
      49. Breast cancer versus mushrooms
      50. Why do Asian women have less breast cancer?
      51. Preventing breast cancer by any greens necessary
      52. Tree nuts or peanuts for breast cancer prevention?
      53. Miocene meteorites and uric acid
      54. Flesh and fructose
      55. Apple juice may be worse than sugar water
      56. Apple skin: peeling back cancer

      In case you missed them, my most popular NutritionFacts.org videos in recent months were the ones showing a rather dramatic boost in cancer defenses after just two weeks on a plant-based diet with exercise.

      See the original experiments here:
      http://nutritionfacts.org/video/developing-an-ex-vivo-cancer-proliferation-bioassay/

      Was it the diet, the exercise or both?
      http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-it-the-diet-the-exercise-or-both/

      How could a simple dietary change be so powerful?
      http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-answer-to-the-pritikin-puzzle/

      If you haven't already, you can subscribe for free to my videos at http://bit.ly/nutritionupdates and watch my 2012 presentation "Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death," in which I explore the role diet can play in preventing, treating, and even reversing our top 15 killers, at: http://bit.ly/uprootingdeath

      In health,
      Michael

      Michael Greger, M.D.
      DrGreger.org
      NutritionFacts.org
      twitter.com/nutrition_facts
      facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
      subscribe at bit.ly/nutritionupdates
    • drgreger
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2013
        The new volume of my Latest in Clinical Nutrition DVD series is now available through Amazon: http://bit.ly/12-DVD

        If you'd rather watch them online, starting on Friday, each video chapter will be rolled daily at http://www.NutritionFacts.org and one can subscribe (for free) to the videos at http://bit.ly/nutritionfactsupdates

        Here's the list of chapters for volume 12 to whet your appetite:

        • Fibromyalgia vs. Vegetarian & Raw Vegan Diets
        • Fibromyalgia vs. Mostly Vegetarian & Mostly Raw Diets
        • Estrogenic Cooked Meat Carcinogens
        • PhIP: The Three Strikes Breast Carcinogen
        • Reducing Cancer Risk in Meateaters
        • Heterocyclic Amines in Eggs, Cheese, and Creatine?
        • Cancer, Interrupted: Green Tea
        • Cancer, Interrupted: Garlic & Flavonoids
        • Prolonged Liver Function Enhancement From Broccoli
        • Meat Fumes: Dietary Secondhand Smoke
        • Plant-Based Diets: Oral Health
        • Plant-Based Diets: Dental Health
        • Does Coconut Oil Cure Alzheimer's?
        • Does Coconut Oil Clog Arteries?
        • Is Vitamin D3 Better Than D2?
        • Are Cats or Dogs More Protective For Children's Health?
        • Can Gargling Prevent the Common Cold?
        • Titanium Dioxide & Inflammatory Bowel Disease
        • Protein, Puberty, and Pollutants
        • Clinical Studies on Acai Berries
        • Preventing Parkinson's Disease With Diet
        • Treating Parkinson's Disease With Diet
        • Herbal Tea Update: Hibiscus
        • Eggs vs. Cigarettes in Atherosclerosis
        • Dried Apples, Dates, Figs, or Prunes for Cholesterol?
        • Prunes vs. Metamucil for Constipation
        • Do Fruit & Nut Bars Cause Weight Gain?
        • Raisins vs. Jelly Beans for Athletic Performance
        • Salmonella in Chicken and Turkey: Deadly but Legal
        • Flaxseed vs. Prostate Cancer
        • Was It the Flaxseed, Fat Restriction, or Both?
        • Flaxseed vs. Diabetes
        • Flaxseeds for Sensitive Skin
        • Fiber vs. Breast Cancer
        • Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Prevention
        • Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Survival: Epidemiological Evidence
        • Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Survival: Clinical Evidence
        • The McGovern Report

        Happy new year everyone!
        -Michael

        Michael Greger, M.D.
        DrGreger.org
        NutritionFacts.org
        ● Facebook: twitter.com/nutrition_facts
        ● Twitter: facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
        ● Subscribe: bit.ly/nutritionupdates
        ● Donate: NutritionFacts.org/donate