Dr. Greger's new nutrition DVD is out (all proceeds to charity)
- The new volume of my Latest in Clinical Nutrition DVD series is now available at http://www.humanesociety.org/nutrition (or through Amazon: http://amzn.to/J6yWoe).
The current batch of videos from my previous DVD on NutritionFacts.org are set to run out soon, so starting mid-month and running through until the end of the year I'll be rolling out the videos from this new DVD, volume 11. The DVDs give folks the opportunity to sneak-preview videos months ahead of time, watch them all straight through, and share as gifts, but there's nothing on the DVDs that won't eventually end up online free at NutritionFacts.org. If you're in need of catching up, I've also packaged the first ten volumes into a 12-disc DVD set .
Here's the list of chapters from the new volume 11 DVD -- a preview of what's to come on NutritionFacts.org:
1. Saffron for the treatment of PMS
2. Wake up and smell the saffron
3. Saffron versus Prozac
4. CDC report on environmental chemical exposure
5. President's Cancer Panel report on environmental risk
6. Pesticides in Chinese bamboo shoots
7. BPA plastic and male sexual dysfunction
8. Pollutants in Californian breast tissue
9. Food sources of flame retardant chemicals
10. DDT in umbilical cord blood
11. How fast can we detoxify from PCBs?
12. Food sources of perfluorochemicals
13. Plants versus pesticides
14. The best baby formula
15. The wrong way to detox
16. Lowering dietary antibiotic intake
17. More antibiotics in white meat or dark meat?
18. Protein and heart disease
19. Ergothioneine: a new vitamin?
20. Changing protein recommendations?
21. Plant-based bioidentical hormones
22. Gerson therapy for cancer
23. Gerson therapy versus chemotherapy
24. Beauty is more than skin deep
25. Preventing wrinkles with diet
26. Standing up for your health
27. Benefits of fenugreek seeds
28. Side-effect of fenugreek consumption
29. Sprouting boosts antioxidant content
30. Meat mythcrushers
31. Aspartame-induced fibromyalgia
32. Diet soda and preterm birth
33. Erythritol may be a sweet antioxidant
34. How diet soda could make us gain weight
35. Neurobiology of artificial sweeteners
36. Unsweetening the diet
37. Cancer as an autoimmune disease
38. Clonal selection theory of immunity
39. Clonal deletion theory of immunity
40. The inflammatory meat molecule Neu5Gc
41. How tumors use meat to grow: xeno-autoantibodies
42. Nonhuman molecules lining our arteries
43. Meat may exceed daily allowance of irony
44. 98% of American diets potassium deficient
45. Preventing strokes with diet
46. Potassium and autoimmune disease
47. Metabolic syndrome and plant-based diets
48. Whole grains may work as well as drugs
49. Breast cancer versus mushrooms
50. Why do Asian women have less breast cancer?
51. Preventing breast cancer by any greens necessary
52. Tree nuts or peanuts for breast cancer prevention?
53. Miocene meteorites and uric acid
54. Flesh and fructose
55. Apple juice may be worse than sugar water
56. Apple skin: peeling back cancer
In case you missed them, my most popular NutritionFacts.org videos in recent months were the ones showing a rather dramatic boost in cancer defenses after just two weeks on a plant-based diet with exercise.
See the original experiments here:
Was it the diet, the exercise or both?
How could a simple dietary change be so powerful?
If you haven't already, you can subscribe for free to my videos at http://bit.ly/nutritionupdates and watch my 2012 presentation "Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death," in which I explore the role diet can play in preventing, treating, and even reversing our top 15 killers, at: http://bit.ly/uprootingdeath
Michael Greger, M.D.
subscribe at bit.ly/nutritionupdates
- The new volume of my Latest in Clinical Nutrition DVD series is now available through Amazon: http://bit.ly/12-DVD
If you'd rather watch them online, starting on Friday, each video chapter will be rolled daily at http://www.NutritionFacts.org and one can subscribe (for free) to the videos at http://bit.ly/nutritionfactsupdates
Here's the list of chapters for volume 12 to whet your appetite:
Fibromyalgia vs. Vegetarian & Raw Vegan Diets
Fibromyalgia vs. Mostly Vegetarian & Mostly Raw Diets
Estrogenic Cooked Meat Carcinogens
PhIP: The Three Strikes Breast Carcinogen
Reducing Cancer Risk in Meateaters
Heterocyclic Amines in Eggs, Cheese, and Creatine?
Cancer, Interrupted: Green Tea
Cancer, Interrupted: Garlic & Flavonoids
Prolonged Liver Function Enhancement From Broccoli
Meat Fumes: Dietary Secondhand Smoke
Plant-Based Diets: Oral Health
Plant-Based Diets: Dental Health
Does Coconut Oil Cure Alzheimer's?
Does Coconut Oil Clog Arteries?
Is Vitamin D3 Better Than D2?
Are Cats or Dogs More Protective For Children's Health?
Can Gargling Prevent the Common Cold?
Titanium Dioxide & Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Protein, Puberty, and Pollutants
Clinical Studies on Acai Berries
Preventing Parkinson's Disease With Diet
Treating Parkinson's Disease With Diet
Herbal Tea Update: Hibiscus
Eggs vs. Cigarettes in Atherosclerosis
Dried Apples, Dates, Figs, or Prunes for Cholesterol?
Prunes vs. Metamucil for Constipation
Do Fruit & Nut Bars Cause Weight Gain?
Raisins vs. Jelly Beans for Athletic Performance
Salmonella in Chicken and Turkey: Deadly but Legal
Flaxseed vs. Prostate Cancer
Was It the Flaxseed, Fat Restriction, or Both?
Flaxseed vs. Diabetes
Flaxseeds for Sensitive Skin
Fiber vs. Breast Cancer
Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Prevention
Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Survival: Epidemiological Evidence
Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Survival: Clinical Evidence
The McGovern Report
Happy new year everyone!
Michael Greger, M.D.
● Facebook: twitter.com/nutrition_facts
● Twitter: facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
● Subscribe: bit.ly/nutritionupdates
● Donate: NutritionFacts.org/donate