Greenpeace Clean Power Rally in SF

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2006
      Friends,

      San Francisco is on the verge of building the largest municipal clean
      energy network in the world. Every home in the city would be powered by
      safe, renewable energy. Now it's up to YOU to make this vision a reality.

      Join Greenpeace and the Community Energy Alliance in front of City Hall
      on May 15th to show Mayor Newsom that you support clean power.

      CLEAN POWER RALLY
      May 15, 2006 . 12:00pm
      San Francisco City Hall
      RSVP for the rally:
      http://democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/greenpeace/event/index.jsp?event_KEY=14283&t=
      <http://democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/greenpeace/event/index.jsp?event_KEY=14283&t=>

      Together we can make San Francisco the world's leader in clean energy
      that will clear the air, create jobs, stabilize energy prices, curb
      global warming, and break PG&E's grip on ratepayers! We could win this
      monumental victory by June, but we need to make sure that Mayor Newsom's
      on board.

      Join us on your lunch hour. We'll provide the free t-shirts, bring your
      sunglasses and a mirror!

      <http://democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/greenpeace/event/index.jsp?event_KEY=14283&t=>In
      front of City Hall -- Civic Center Plaza on Polk (Between Grove and
      McCallister) Near Civic Center BART station
      http://democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/greenpeace/event/index.jsp?event_KEY=14283&t=
      <http://democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/greenpeace/event/index.jsp?event_KEY=14283&t=>

      For more information, contact Samantha at cleanenergy@....

      BACKGROUND INFO: COMMUNITY CHOICE

      In 2001 San Franciscans turned out in droves to support a ballot
      initiative that allows the city to build the largest municipal solar
      system in the world. Five years later the city has yet to install a
      single solar panel as part of the program and the Community Choice plan
      that will jumpstart the solar revolution hasn't been implemented.

      This plan, if approved, will pool the buying power of San Francisco's
      electricity customers to build the largest municipal clean energy
      network in the world. After implementation, at least 1/3 (or 360 MW) of
      our peak electricity will come from local solar, wind, and other
      renewable energy. That's enough electricity to power every home in the
      city. More info about Community Choice can be found at
      www.communitychoiceenergy.org.

      best,

      Nick