Veg. dinner party, at Golden Era Saturday 5/13

  • Dave Goggin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2006
      I'm doing an irregular dinner party on Saturday, May 13, at 7pm to celebrate the beginning of the summer season of warmth and also to celebrate the fact that bright Jupiter will be decorating the evening sky for the next 4+ months. We'll enjoy a tastey feast at Golden Era, the near-legendary Vietnamese restaurant.

      That's Saturday, May 13! I'm now accepting RSVP's for this event.

      This dinner party is not going to be a big production but rather a mellow chance to just hang out, chat, meet new friends, and make community. We might go for drinks or dessert afterward or comedy or whatever depending on everyone's mood.

      Golden Era is famous for its wide selection of interesting Vietnamese/Asian dishes rich with delightfully deceptive fake meat and real veggies. Of course, half the fun is socializing with the other cool and friendly people who'll show up.

      Please be sure to RSVP to me No Later Than Friday, May 12 if you want to go. Please include an estimate of the probability that you'll be there, if you're not 100% sure.

      Golden Era, 572 O'Farrell Street. (at Leavenworth) We'll gather at 7pm and start ordering by 7:30. We will simply order from the menu. Family Style. Cost will be split among the participants -- cost should be about $13-$16 each.

      The best way to get there is by public transport, Take the 38L bus and hop off at Leavenworth, then just stroll a block south to O'Farrell and turn left and stroll east 1/2 block. By BART just get off at Embarcadero and catch the 38L on Fremont st. & Market. Email me for Caltrain directions or specifics from other parts of town.

      Looking forward to seeing y'all.

      Dave G.
      dg2222@...