Grizzly Century bicycle ride offers lots of veg food-sold out

  • sunny_outdoors
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2006
      http://www.grizzlypeakcyclists.org/century/

      Today is the ride and they serve homemade Gourmet food. It's one main
      reason it's a SOLD out event.

      A little known fact is there is a hand full of key vegan/veg volunteers
      that's have been volunteering for over 5 years to make this event happen.
      One specialty is grilled vegan BBQ vegetables that is prepared and grilled
      separately from the meat.

      I will email you soon about super vegan bicycle riders. Like a retired
      vegan lady who biked across America 2 x and does 200 mile rides with 7,000
      feet climb in one day (double centuries).

      Oops, below they listed honey as vegan. I'll tell them it's not

      Grizzly Peak Century Vegetarian/Vegan Information

      We have plenty of Vegetarian and Vegan food options at our century. At the
      rest stops, all of our food is meatless, and while most of our breads and
      cookies have eggs and/or milk products, we have plenty of fresh fruit and
      some rest stops have bagels or roasted potatoes.

      At lunch we have grilled vegetables as an alternative to chicken and we have
      several other vegan choices including:

      fruit salad

      consists entirely of merely fruits.

      rice salad

      white rice, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, honey, scallions,
      walnuts and red seedless grapes, water and salt.

      tabouli

      bulgur wheat, pepper, allspice, nutmeg, lemon juice, olive oil, scallions,
      mint, parsely, tomatoes, garbanzos and cucumbers.

      Chinese cabbage salad

      cabbage, carrots, scallions, sesame seeds, canola oil, rice vinegar, soy
      sauce, brown sugar, ginger and tabasco.

      roasted potatoes

      potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic and parsley.

      signature:

      I am unable to receive your emails during work hours.

      sign, Sunny