FW: The Pizza Issue Is Here!

  • arlen baden
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2012

      The Pizza Issue Now Available!

      This issue was directly inspired by my time in Italy. I’ve had good pizza at home, but nothing compared to the supple wood-fire crusts, or the beauty of simple, organic ingredients that were so flavorful by themselves that they needed no other adornment. I’m happy that I can now share that experience with you through this issue. In the issue, you will find a wide range of pizzas, from the traditional Pizza Margherita and Pizza Marinara to gourmet pizzas like the Black Garlic and Porcini Pizza. Pizza, however, isn’t limited to Italy, so you will also find some highly creative fusion pizzas like the Bahn Mi pizza and even a Cheeseburger Pizza! There are also plenty of recipes for different crusts, sauces, and toppings, including Sundried Tomato “Pepperoni” and Sharp Aged Cashew Cheese. Because pizza is a component dish that can be mixed and matched, this issue breaks the recipes down into crusts, sauces, toppings, and then the pizzas themselves. That way, you can easily find your favorite crust or sauce to more easily make your own pizza creations. You will also get plenty of informative articles on pizza dough, how to choose the right vegan cheese, and what tools of the trade will best enhance your pizza making experience.

      Premium Subscribers will get a set of bonus content next month, which includes more pizzas and plenty of recipes for artisan vegan cheeses to top them! To become a Premium Subscriber, head over to http://veganculinaryexperience.com/VCESubscribe.htm and help support the VCE.

      To download the issue, go to http://veganculinaryexperience.com/VCEAug12.pdf or click on the image of the magazine. This issue is free to distribute as long as it remains unmodified, so if you are part of an veg-friendly organization, veg-friendly club, or vegetarian society/meetup, send it along!

      Check out our Meal Service!

      You can check out our new menu options and learn about our vegan meal delivery service at http://veganculinaryexperience.com/VCEMealService.htm. Meals are available for delivery throughout the entire U.S. and are only $125 + the cost of shipping for a set of 12 portions for our regular customers. Very low-fat, gluten-free, and soy-free options are available in addition to the standard service.

      VEGAN FOODIE TOURS

      We are heading back to Italy next year! We are currently finalizing the details on this tour, so watch for the official announcement soon.

      Marketplace Listings

      Please take a moment to visit our Marketplace members!

      Ninety-nine percent of animals killed in the United States each year are slaughtered for human consumption. Vegan Outreach is working to expose and end cruelty to animals through the widespread distribution of our illustrated booklets (click titles to view PDFs): Why Vegan?, Even If You Like Meat, and Compassionate Choices, along with our follow-up Guide to Cruelty-Free Eating.  As a Vegan Outreach activist, anyone, anywhere, in any situation can be the best possible spokesperson for the animals. Our booklets have been distributed by many individuals and organizations, from middle school students to animal advocacy organizations (e.g., FARM, Farm Sanctuary, The Fund for Animals, In Defense of Animals, PETA, Mercy For Animals, etc.).

      Advertise with the VCE

      Our veg-friendly company listings have been met with a resounding success!  I've heard from a number of readers thanking me for the new listings. This is a win for you, good reader, as we can bring you information about veg-friendly companies you may not know about, and a win, of course, for vegan and vegetarian business owners who can now reach the VCE's fairly large readership. All organizations who would like to be listed must be vegetarian friendly and all specific products and services must be vegan. If you are interested in advertising with the VCE, please contact Chef Jason at ChefJason@....

      Market Members

      Non-profits

      Contributors

      Please take a moment to visit our contributors at the following websites:

      Bryanna Clark Grogan www.bryannaclarkgrogan.com
      Robin Robertson www.globalvegankitchen.com
      Mark Sutton www.hearthealthypizza.com
      Jill Nussinow, MS, RD www.theveggiequeen.com
      Sharon Valencik www.sweetutopia.com
      Milan Valencik  www.milanphotography.com
      Mindy Kursban, Esq.

      Interviewees

      Author Hannah Kaminsky www.bittersweetblog.com
      Activist Bruce Friedrich www.twitter.com/BruceGFriedrich
      Athlete Robert Cheeke www.veganbodybuilding.com

      Help the VCE by Spreading the Word

      If you’ve been enjoying the online magazine and the quality and amount of content we’ve been bringing to you, please help us by letting people know about the magazine and encouraging them to subscribe.  Every time a person subscribes, it’s a reward to us and our contributors knowing our hard work will reach one more person and make an impact in someone’s life.

      Write for the VCE

      Are you interested in being a contributor to The Vegan Culinary Experience?  Of course you are!  Our contributors are professional vegetarian chefs, nutritionists, doctors, authors, and teachers.  If you are interested, contact Chef Jason at chefjason@....

      Thank You

      The VCE continues to grow at a phenomenal rate, thanks to you.  Look forward to some exciting new changes coming this year!

      Upcoming Issue

      The next issue is Thai!

      Thank you for reading!
      Sincerely,