another veg friendly group...+ intro to 2 vegan male pioneers

  • sunny_outdoors
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2006
      here's a group making waves in the community....

      GOMUNI and more Potluck /Fri Mar. 31

      Welcome Bay Area Biofuel enthusiasts!
      Mar. 31 at 6:30 Vegetarian Potluck

      The timing was chosen for when Common Vision
      (http://www.commonvision.org/) was rolling through town.
      The SF Biofuels Co-op (http://www.sfbiofuel.org/) is doing great work
      these days and is starting to organize around an information campaign
      called GOMUNI (http://gomunibio.org/about.html) - which would get 20%
      biodiesel into city buses AND with a city order this huge would bring
      down the cost of Biodiesel SIGNIFICNTLY!
      And the other group that's doing great work in our city is the Clean
      Fuel Caravan (http://www.cleanfuelcaravan.org/).

      So if you want to come learn what's happening and eat some good food
      come to the first gathering of it's kind at:
      Incredible Adventures (http://www.incadventures.com/)
      - our local biofuel touring company.

      521 8th Street San Francisco
      415.642.7378

      5:30 Beer Wine and Fueling (keg and some wine to be provided -get
      here early or bring your own!) -Merchandise sales tables set up
      6:00 Vegetarian Potluck start
      6:30 Introduction to SF Biofuel Co-op
      6:50 Presentation from Common Vision
      7:10 Presentation from the Clean Fuels Caravan
      7:30 GOMUNI
      7:50 Discussion on how the Biodiesel community can collaborate to
      support GOMUNI
      8:15 Networking, & Eating continue on

      So bring some food and let's share some ideas!

      ==
      from Sunny,

      intro to my vegan friends who active in the Bio Fuels/Alternative
      Energy MOvement

      1. Ben, professional engineer, expert in not only substanible
      water, but bio fuels

      2. Zack, 6'4" finishing his PHD in Alternative Energy at UC
      Berkeley. Currently working for a research company while getting
      his PHD. He is an expert on running cars in vegetable oil and
      ethanol. He is running his Toyota Supra at 80%+ ethanol..

      both cute gentlemen are still single.. .. they very busy in their
      projects but you might meet them some time.