Protest LGBT rodeo sponsor in Castro, Sun. 8/5 2:00-4:00 pm

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2012
      Please help protest animal cruelty at one of the remaining major local sponsors of Gay Rodeo!

      The adult novelty stores "Rock Hard" and "Does Your Mother Know" are both owned by Neil Gelineau. Requests for him to cease supporting animal cruelty in rodeo the years have gone ignored, and he has again signed up the businesses as sponsors for the 2012 rodeo - even after several other businesses and organizations (including Most Holy Redeemer Church, The Edge Bar, Paws & Hearts Pet-Assisted Therapy) have ceased their support.

      We will meet at Does Your Mother Know at 4141 18th Street (near Collingwood St.) for 1 hour, then move around the corner to Rock Hard at 518 Castro St. for the next hour.

      Street parking should be reasonably available, esp. in the Collingwood Park area. It's 2 blocks from the Castro Muni station.

      Signs and leaflets will be provided.

      Please RSVP to me.

      Please also contact Neil Gelineau at dymksf@..., and DYMK manager Zack at (415) 864-3160, and politely ask them to stop supporting gratuitous cruelty to animals.

      This campaign has been effective, and we hope to have enough of an impact on the cash-strapped Bay Area Gay Rodeo to shut them down next year, if not this year.

      Recent media coverage:

      Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/06/gay-rodeo-protest-best-buck-in-the-bay_n_1654877.html

      Bay Area Reporter: http://ebar.com/blogs/?p=4433 http://ebar.com/news/article.php?sec=news&article=67591

      San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2012/04/gay-rodeo-practices-bucked-critics