A Letter from a Vegan Mother to her Baby Daughter

  • Paris Harvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2012

      Letter to Ciera from her mom, Heather.

      You’ll never watch an elephant standing on her head
      You will see amazing acrobats and painted clowns instead.
      You’ll never color Easter eggs or eat a “Happy” Meal
      Instead you’ll give pig belly rubs – You’ll know chickens dream and feel.
      The clamor from the ice-cream truck won’t be music to your ears
      You will know your Soy Delicious caused no suffering or tears.
      You may hear a gentle gobble as you softly stroke a turkey
      And give thanks that she’s alive as you’re eating your Tofurky.
      While other kids buy leather shoes and eat a Chuck E. Cheese
      You’ll be kissing cows and feeding goats and saying “soy please!”
      Being different can be hard I know – This world is often cruel
      Maybe you’ll be laughed at by the other kids at school.
      But compassion is a vital gift that too few share with others
      And your heart will not be filled with guilt the way it plagues your mother’s.
      So don’t ever be embarrassed or ashamed because you care
      You’ll be uniquely beautiful with an empathy that’s rare.
      And when you see a rescued lamb and touch his thick warm fleece
      You’ll feel no sadness or remorse – You can look at him in peace.
      What took so long for me to learn, I’ll start teaching you from birth
      And your footprint will be much tinier on this fragile earth.

      Paris Harvey  Why Vegan? (a short video).
      Animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, use for entertainment or exploit in any way. We are not their "owners". We are their guardians.
      In nothing does man, with his grand notions of heaven and charity, show forth his innate, low-bred, wild animalism more clearly than in his treatment of his brother beasts. From the shepherd with his lambs to the red-handed hunter, it is the same; no recognition of rights -- only murder in one form or another. -John Muir, naturalist, explorer, and writer (1838-1914)
      Think you can be an environmentalist and still eat meat? Think again... Meats Not Green
      No cage free. No Free Range. No slavery. No torture. No compromise.... Stop eating dead animals!