6148GO VEGAN RADIO vs KPFA / KPFK

  • meatfreeamerica
    Jul 1, 2010
      Good Luck Anthony in your quest to bring the disgraceful KPFA into the 21st century and coverage of the most important issues of our time. Its staff of speciesists has a reputation for resisting subject matter related to animal rights, animal liberation, compassion for animals, and the roots of human disease, poverty and hunger, war, violence, and environmental devastation. For years I have lobbied these obstructionists at KPFA and its sister irresponsible media outlet in LA, KPFK, who instead provide as a premium prize for donation moronic anti-vegan books, wherein basically KPFA is saying " donate enough money to us and we'll send you a book that will destroy your child's health, destroy the environment, and contribute to the continued needless torture, suffering, and murder of billions of innocent feeling beings. KPFA does not deserve our donations. It deserves our protest and boycott for censoring the most vital life-saving planet-saving information of our age. Shame on KPFA and KPFK, who should learn from their sister Pacifica station, KPFT in Houston, which has broadcast an animal rights program for eight years quite successfully. That program was inspired by my show GO VEGAN WITH BOB LINDEN, now in its 10th year of broadcast, ironically, often on reich wingnut AM stations. I have lobbied, begged, pleaded with KPFA and KPFK to allow me one hour per week so that the most oppressed and most voiceless can have a voice. Why is the lifestyle of Dennis Kucinich, Cindy Sheehan, and Cesar Chavez totally ignored by KPFA and KPFK? Why are their audiences continually deprived of the connection of meat and dairy to war, climate change, diabetes. Instead we get on air hosts who bemoan the BP oil catastrophe because we won't have so many fish to eat, and we get premium prize books that endorse slashing the throats of cows. The Pacifica mission statement is dedicated to the pursuit of peace. Are the ignorant operators and decision-makers of these stations even capable of understanding "War and Peace" author Tolstoy's observation that "as long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields"? Perhaps they would if there were a vegan program on their station. Do KPFA and KPFK deserve your financial support? I recommend that when I - or a true animal liberationist (not someone endorsing cage-free, free-range, organic, humanely-tortured humanely-murdered animal product consumption) - have a regularly scheduled program on the station, only then would I recommend financial support. Your animal-supporting dollars are much better spent as a tax-deductible donation supporting GO VEGAN WITH BOB LINDEN which has to pay radio stations every week to gain access to the airwaves. GO VEGAN WITH BOB LINDEN is the first animal liberation program ever in mainstream media, and the first major network vegan show, having aired on Air America for a year, and is currently heard on progressive talk GREEN 960 AM Sundays at 3pm in the Bay Area, with a regular feature Fridays in the noon hour. Please divert your KPFA / KPFK donations, and contribute online at www.GoVeganRadio.org or make checks payable to GO VEGAN RADIO, PO Box 475414, SF, CA 94147. With this program and the events it creates, there is hope for animals, people, and the environment. Until proven otherwise KPFA and KPFK are hopeless. Please tell them why you are not donating, and tell them that Bob Linden is willing to host a program for them starting immediately.