435foie gras -- ALERT

  • Thea Langsam
    Sep 1, 2004
      Hi all,

      I just received an e-mail from Farm Sanctuary, and they are very concerned that the governor will VETO the foie gras bill unless he hears from A LOT of people who strongly support this legislation.

      The foie gras bill is now one of the bills that you can support with an automated phone call (i.e., you no longer have to wait for an operator). Farm Sanctuary has conveniently provided the info for us:

      Call 916-445-2841. In the automated message,

      press 2 to voice concern on a bill,

      then press 4 to comment on SB 1520,

      then press 1 to support the bill.

      Farm Sanctuary asks: Please call as many times as you can, and urge everyone you know to do the same! The phones have been very busy, so if you don't get through the first time, just try back later.

      You can also email the governor using his web form at email http://www.govmail.ca.gov On the subject line, scroll to "Force fed birds/SB01520" and choose "SUPPORT" to show your support for this legislation.

      Finally, I'm not (yet!) a member of many of the local veggie groups, so I can't send e-mails to them. Will someone please forward this to B.A.A.R.N., the East Bay group, IDA, etc? Let's get the word out!

      Thank you so much!

      Thea