13520Re: [SFVS] Re: Protest Whole Foods: Stop Selling Rabbit Meat!

  • meatfreeamerica
    Aug 7, 2014
      You are so right Dan. We need a vegan movement that opposes the eating and use of ALL animals. It's time to speak up for the "culturally acceptable" animals to eat. www.WorldVeganSummit.com

      On Aug 7, 2014, at 9:42 AM, "Brook brook@... [SFVeg]" <SFVeg@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I have a tactical concern about this type of action.

      Markets like Whole Foods have been selling meat for a long time and they are rarely protested. When we protest the use of rabbits, dogs, or horses for meat (animals that are more likely to have people identify with them), without protesting all meat from all animals, it seems like we're effectively saying that, culturally speaking, this is the wrong meat to eat and that they should stick with the culturally-appropriate animals (cows, chickens, turkeys, fish, etc.) for their meat. I therefore think this kind of protest might be counterproductive.

      What do you think?

      > From: Monica Ruck <monica.ruck@...>
      > Subject: Protest Whole Foods: Stop Selling Rabbit Meat!
      > Hi,
      > I wanted to let you know about a National Day of Action in protest
      > of Whole Foods selling rabbit meat. This event is happening across
      > the nation, for more info and a list of cities that are
      > participating visit: www.facebook.

      com/events/ 1452420011684260 /
      > Please help us spread the word by sharing with your friends and on
      > social media!
      > Thank you!

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic