13519Re: Protest Whole Foods: Stop Selling Rabbit Meat!

  • Brook
    Aug 7, 2014
      I have a tactical concern about this type of action.

      Markets like Whole Foods have been selling meat for a long time and they are rarely protested. When we protest the use of rabbits, dogs, or horses for meat (animals that are more likely to have people identify with them), without protesting all meat from all animals, it seems like we're effectively saying that, culturally speaking, this is the wrong meat to eat and that they should stick with the culturally-appropriate animals (cows, chickens, turkeys, fish, etc.) for their meat. I therefore think this kind of protest might be counterproductive.

      What do you think?

      Peace,
      Dan

      Eco-Eating
      www.brook.com/veg

      PROTEST WHOLE FOODS SELLING RABBIT MEAT
      > From: Monica Ruck <monica.ruck@...>
      > Subject: Protest Whole Foods: Stop Selling Rabbit Meat!
      >
      > Hi,
      >
      > I wanted to let you know about a National Day of Action in
      protest
      > of Whole Foods selling rabbit meat. This event is happening
      across
      > the nation, for more info and a list of cities that are
      > participating visit: www.facebook.
      com/events/ 1452420011684260 /

      > Please help us spread the word by sharing with your friends
      and on
      > social media!
      >
      > Thank you!

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic