13513Joy Kapur's Passing

  • Dixie Mahy
    Aug 7, 2014

      It is with great sadness I read of Joy Kapur's passing.
      See e-mail below.

      Although the restaurant menu was not totally vegan, there were many vegan options. Joy was a vegan and he always provided vegan menus for the many Fundraising Dinners for San Francisco Vegetarian Society as well as for Kindness Kitchen on Sundays ("pay what your want" with donations going to a school in India)) and SFVS Bollywood Nights on the last Friday of the month.

      It was sad when his restaurant closed because of his retirement.  He expressed sadness that his sons did not want to carry on.

      The beautiful Indian decorations were special with "hearts" everywhere and photos of special events including SFVS 25th anniversary dinner with Senator Milton Marks and Bay area Vegan MDs.

      I will also miss the friendship of knowing a very special heartfelt friend.

      Condolences to his family.

      Dixie Mahy
      San Francisco Vegetarian Society

      On Aug 2, 2014, at 7:06 AM, John O'Grady wrote:

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic