13503FW: Awakening the Vegan in Everyone: August

  • arlen baden
    Aug 3, 2014

      Popular Posts

      10 Protein-Packed Plants

      Kale: An Easy Beginner’s Guide to Growing

      Magical and Medicinal:
      Frankincense and Myrrh

      The Wonders of Comfrey

      3 Reasons Not to Eat Honey

      Rewarded for Being Vegan

      3 Essential Oils for Your
      Herbal Medicine Cabinet

      12 Vegan Garden Tips

      Optimizing Your Vegan Diet

      The Birds of the Down Industry

      “Vegans recognize
      the inherent right
      of every animal,
      human or otherwise,
      to be the sole owner
      of his or her body.
      "
      Why I Love Vegans
      by Sun,
      Gentle World Co-Founder

      Stop Heating Oil.
      Try the Water Sauté Method!

      You’ve probably heard that heating oils can result in the “production of oxidized compounds and free radicals detrimental to your health.”

      But there’s a simple healthy way to cut out oil whenever you’re stir frying veggies or sautéing greens, and it’s called the water sauté method.

      Read full article

      Spread the Word

      Please send this on
      to someone who would
      appreciate it.

      New to Gentle World?

      Optimizing Your Vegan Diet

      The American Dietetic Association and Dietitians of Canada state that ‘properly planned vegan diets are nutritionally adequate for all stages of life...’ However, the American Dietetic Association also asserts that poorly planned vegan diets may be low in vitamin B12, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, iron, zinc, riboflavin (vitamin B2), and iodine.

      The word is finally out, and spreading rapidly, that a well-planned vegan diet, which consists of the avoidance of all animal products, is not only more ethical but also greatly lessens our susceptibility to many serious diseases, such as heart disease, cancer and diabetes.

      Of course, following a vegan diet (even a well-planned one) is not enough to ensure that these diseases never occur. And yet, there is little doubt that not only does what we choose not to eat have a profound effect on our health, but so does what we choose to eat instead. Thanks to the research of long-time vegan activist Butterflies Katz, we are now able to provide you with this lesser known information about certain nutrients that every human body needs and why, so we can ensure that our diet (which is one of the easiest factors for us to control) increases rather than decreases our chances for optimal health.

      Read more

      The Faces of Free-Range Farming

      This little video is from Peaceful Prairie Sanctuary. As we have explained in the past, many of the animals at Peaceful Prairie were rescued from ‘cage-free’ and ‘free-range’ facilities, small family farms, and other food production situations that are typically considered ‘humane’. As this video shows, the truth about these methods of food production is very different.

      Kite Hill Takes Vegan Cheese to a New Level

      Yes, it’s official. Gentle World volunteers are hooked on Kite Hill cheeses. Well, this one is anyway.

      In an effort to put together a comprehensive guide to vegan cheeses (yes, this is work, people) we have taken it upon ourselves to figure out once and for all how to best convince cheese-lovers that there’s never been a better time to put their dairy habits in the past where they belong.

      Enter Kite Hill.

      Read full article

      Taiwan Opens First Vegan Supermarket!

      If you happen to find yourself in Taipei, make sure to stop by iVegan, Taiwan’s first all vegan supermarket!

      iVegan opened in Taipei in August. According to Vegan Taiwan, the supermarket is complete with “fresh fruit and veggies, packaged goods, frozen foods, fresh baking, cleaning & body products and even housewares.”

      iVegan comes complete with an organic section and a small selection of dairy alternatives. And it’s all 100% free from animal ingredients!

      Read full article
      www.gentleworld.org

      PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!