13472Mighty Vegloaf with BBQ Sauce and more, Wed. July 23 at 6 pm, plus Vegan Dinner

  • archierieus
    Jul 22, 2014

      Here is the menu for the vegan dinner at Opera Plaza this Wed. July 23 at 6 pm:

      Super Summer Kale Salad

      Lentil Dip with Raw Crackers

      Mighty Vegloaf with Horseradish BBQ Sauce

      Garlic Mashed Potatoes

      Cauliflower Gratin

      Pea Shoot Garnish

      Campfire Cake

      Strawberry Key Lime Cooler and Herbal Tea Beverages

      It is delicious, it is healthy and totally vegan, made without eggs, dairy, honey, oil or added sugars.  And, it is all you can eat.  Bring a container and take some home with you.

      Enjoy this super special summer dinner extravaganza.  Patricia has gone all out with this dinner, as she will be taking her summer break over the next two weeks.

      After dinner, join Dr. Robert Lustig as he explains via video how to Beat the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease. His NY Times best-selling book, "Fat Chance," illuminates the causes of obesity and challenges the dogma, "a calorie is a calorie." As our nation becomes wealthier, have we become healthier and wiser?

      Dr. Lustig stimulates us to re-evaluate our role as consumers of sugar and shocks us with a sharp bite on the consequences of fructose. As a sugar crusader, Dr. Lustig will talk about the mismatch between our environment and our science, business and politics that has fueled the pandemic of chronic disease over the last three decades. More importantly, he will share strategies to re-adjust key hormones that regulate hunger, reward, and stress. So, take the journey into the biochemistry of your brain and fat cells in order to help you and your family get healthy, no matter your size, in a palatable manner. "Your fat is not your fate -- provided you don't surrender!"

      Location is the Opera Plaza Community Room, 601 Van Ness, San Francisco. Take the elevator to the first floor, then security will key you down to the mezzanine for the event.

      A fifteen dollar requested donation covers the all you can eat dinner plus the lecture.  the Nutritionist is donating her time.  Funds go toward facility rental, food, transport and other costs.

      RSVP to (888) 234-1361 or email to:  rsvp@...

      Presented by Wellness Central

      David Koot