13354Virginia Handley Memorial & nice tribute by ALDF's Joyce Tishler on link:

  • Judith Gottesman
    Jun 13, 2014

      Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:35 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Tammy, Bay Area Veg" bayareavegdotorg

      Hi all,

      I heard from Eric Mills that "There is a memorial to Virginia in San
      Francisco on Sunday, June 22, in the Rose Garden in Golden Gate Park, NOON.
      And, likely a lunch thereafter in a nearby restaurant."

      As many of you know, Virginia Handley (Paw PAC and ANIMAL SWITCHBOARD,
      former California Coordinator for THE FUND FOR ANIMALS) passed away last
      month. Virginia was a tireless friend to the animals, their voice in the
      legislature. Virginia spoke to our group about legislative process and
      getting involved and writing letters. Through PAW PAC, we received regular
      updates about important legislation affecting animals (both good and bad).
      At one point in time, BAVeg volunteers hosted three letter-writing parties
      every month, and PAW PAC alerts were an important part of them. And, of
      course, Virginia organized the year-end Animal People party too.

      Her Dogs need a home

      I also wanted to highlight this: two of Virginia's dogs, Harry and Stella,
      both Chihuahua mixes, are still looking for new homes. If any of you have
      room in your home, or know of a friend who is looking, below is the
      information on the 2 dogs. They are in foster care in Grass Valley and
      Vallejo respectively.

      Harry - http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/29142901

      Stella - http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/29074666

      ALDF wrote a tribute to Virginia Handley

      http://aldf.org/blog/virginia-handley-a-tribute/

      Please let Eric Mills know if you're interested in joining for lunch (cc'ed
      above), and the contact info for each dog is in the individual listing.

      Cheers

      Tammy

      BayAreaVeg.org

      I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones
      among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found
      how to serve.

      -Albert Schweitzer

      --
      Judith Gottesman, MSW
      Matchmaker and Dating Coach

      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. - Albert Einstein