13319Labeling GMOs Failed

  • Dixie Mahy
    Jun 3, 2014
      GMO LABELING FAILED
      From: "Pamm Larry, LabelGMOs" <plarry@...>

      Subject: SB 1381 and Next Steps!

      As many of you have probably heard, SB1381 did not pass out of the Senate Floor. We needed 21 votes to move on.  And while we are obviously disappointed, we keep sight of the fact that we did win the actual floor vote.  Complicated, I know, but we did get 19 votes to the opposition’s 16 noes. This is a huge victory and sets us up nicely for next year.   Much of our success was due to you all making calls…we heard that there were literally hundreds in the last few days.   Thanks so much for all you did!  It truly matters and is the only way we will ever change things.

      “The difference between Success and failure is not giving up.” ― Steven Redhead, The Solution

      So what are our next steps for Labeling GMOs in California?  We continue on!  This is a great opportunity to continue to build our movement and educate our communities so that next year, no matter what we focus on (legislation, ballot initiative) we have laid the ground for an increased chance of success.  If you’ve not been active in your local groups, please visit the Leader Map and get hooked up with your local action today!  If you don’t see a group in your community, contact us by replying to this email and we’ll help you start one.

      What else can you do?  Thank your rep of they voted yes.  Go visit your legislators in their district offices, especially if they voted no on SB 1381.  We were told that most Republican Senators never got a visit from their constituents.  This is NOT a partisan issue.  People get it when they are told the truth but we need to respectfully bring the information to them.  If you want help visiting your representative, please contact us by replying to this email.  See the list of votes below.  If you don’t know who your rep is, go here and put in your address and both your California State reps will come up.

      Hernandez

      Created with NationBuilder, the essential toolkit for leaders.