13310You're asking us all to be vegans, even kids? - Dr. Oppenlander's reply:

  • Judith Gottesman
    May 29 9:41 PM
      “You’re asking us all to be vegans?”

      Following one of my lectures at a university campus, a graduate student said to me, “Many of us will be teachers, and I am teaching sixth grade now. Are you saying we should teach our students that they should be vegans?”

      My response was that she should strive to teach truth to her students. “Tell them the truth,” I said, “that these animals being slaughtered for us to eat are every bit as smart and lovable and sensitive as their own dog or cat. Then ask your students if they think shooting these cows, pigs, chickens, or turkeys in the head, hanging them upside down, and slicing their throats is a cool thing to do. Instead, we could eat all plants, which are infinitely healthier for your students to eat and for our planet to grow.” – Dr. Richard Oppenlander, Food Choice and Sustainability: Why Buying Local, Eating Less Meat, and Taking Baby Steps Won’t Work

      --
      Judith Gottesman, MSW
      Matchmaker and Dating Coach

      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. - Albert Einstein