13099Spanish Translation

  • Dixie Mahy
    Apr 7, 2014
      Spanish Translator Needed

      For the parade & festival on Saturday, April 12, 2014, we would like to hand out the following message from Cesar Chavez in Spanish as well as in English.
      If you can translate it, please contact Dixie Mahy <dixiemahy@...>

      Kindness and compassion towards all living things is a mark of a civilized society.  Conversely, cruelty, whether it is directed against human beings or against animals, is not the exclusive province of any one culture or community of people.

      I became a vegetarian after realizing that animals feel afraid, cold, hungry and unhappy like we do.  I feel very deeply about the vegetarianism and the animal kingdom.  It was my dog Boycott who led me to question the right of humans to eat other sentient beings.

      We need to help people understand that the animals are fellow creatures, that we must protect them and love them as we love ourselves.  We know we cannot be kind to animals until we stop exploiting them – exploiting animals in the name of science, exploiting animals in the name of sport, exploiting animals in the name of fashion, and yes, exploiting animals in the name of food.

      Contact the San Francisco Vegetarian Society for more information: www.sfvs.org

      Thank you

      Dixie Mahy

      San Francisco Vegetarian Society