12524Fw: Documentary Film: Love Me Tenderloin

  • Carmen Lee
    Nov 16, 2013

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Henri Quenette <lovemetenderloin.themovie@...>
      Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:40 PM
      Subject: Documentary Film: Love Me Tenderloin
      To whom it may concern at The San Francisco Vegetarian Society,
      I'm Henri Quenette, a 27-year old French documentary filmmaker and I’m presently editing the documentary Love Me Tenderloin. I'm writing you today because I think that the topic of the documentary might interest you.
      Love Me Tenderloin will be a 60 -minute documentary film that shows the everyday life of five inhabitants living in the Tenderloin: Bridchette, Tobin, Arnold, Woody and « Indian » Joe.
      These stories will be coupled with interviews and footage of social workers and people living in the Tenderloin.

      Nowadays, it is quite usual to hear people criticize the homeless and very-low income people. I would like this film to be part of a process of replacing that alienation and blame with humaneness and connectivity.

      I do hope that through Love Me Tenderloin, the general public will perhaps be more compassionate towards people in need. I also want to raise awareness about homelessness in San Francisco and show that even if the Tenderloin is often linked to issues related to the drug trade and homelessness, it is also a vibrant neighborhood where people are trying to get by and live daily.

      Today, I need your help and your support in order to raise funds for the filming costs, personal expenditures related to the shooting, post-production (editing, calibration, sound mixing) and the distribution (sending the movie to film festivals all over the world). Your help is necessary and more than welcome.

      Here is an article about Love Me Tenderloin in SF Magazine http://blogs.sfweekly.com/exhibitionist/2013/10/the_tenderloin_comes_into_focu.php

      Here is our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LoveMeTenderloin

      Thank you in advance for your participation! And do feel free to share this email with those around you having the same concerns.

      Henri Quenette