11532Re: May 18: SFVS dining out Buddha's Birthday

  • Dave
    May 5, 2013
      I am glad to know about the policy of tolerance and diversity. The approach of the Peaceful World Foundation is a good one . . . that is, sitting down at the same table with people from a broad range of backgrounds and traditions, listening, respecting and learning from various traditions.

      That certainly is desirable and mature, as opposed to, for example, someone making a demonstration or getting up and walking out when they hear something they don't agree with. It is good to follow, "Live and let live." Two thumbs up!!

      --- In SFVeg@yahoogroups.com, Dave Goggin <dg2222@...> wrote:

      > > is there now a tradition for SFVS to have
      > > celebrations for various religious leaders,
      > > or historical figures?
      >
      > Hi Mr. Koot and friends,
      >
      > My understanding is that SFVS, being a multi-cultural group reflecting the diversity of the Bay Area's people, celebrates a variety of holidays.
      >
      > The SFVS calendar includes celebrations and dining out's for various world holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, Chinese New Year, Buddha's Birthday, Valentine's Day, etc.  And I believe additional celebrations would be welcome.  In fact, just a few months ago we had a National Handwriting Day dinner party.  And I'm considering organizing a dining out for Platt Rogers Spencer's birthday later in the year.
      >
      > As an aside, there will once again be hand-written calligraphy party favors available as a fundraiser for SFVS at the dinner this year.  I'll post more details very soon.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Dave Goggin, M.S.
      > Buddha's Birthday banquet coordinator.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic