11528Re: May 18: SFVS dining out Buddha's Birthday

  • Dave Goggin
    May 4, 2013
      > is there now a tradition for SFVS to have
      > celebrations for various religious leaders,
      > or historical figures?

      Hi Mr. Koot and friends,

      My understanding is that SFVS, being a multi-cultural group reflecting the diversity of the Bay Area's people, celebrates a variety of holidays.

      The SFVS calendar includes celebrations and dining out's for various world holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, Chinese New Year, Buddha's Birthday, Valentine's Day, etc.  And I believe additional celebrations would be welcome.  In fact, just a few months ago we had a National Handwriting Day dinner party.  And I'm considering organizing a dining out for Platt Rogers Spencer's birthday later in the year.

      As an aside, there will once again be hand-written calligraphy party favors available as a fundraiser for SFVS at the dinner this year.  I'll post more details very soon.

      Thanks,
      Dave Goggin, M.S.
      Buddha's Birthday banquet coordinator.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic