10610Re: [SFVS] Prop 37

  • Maynard S. Clark
    Nov 7, 2012
      They may not be pro-vegan TODAY, but we CAN (a) educate and enlighten them about the morally normative STATUS of veganism and (b) urge them to move in that direction with a goal of BECOMING fully vegan as a family - for all the virtue, consequentialist, and deontological reasons for being vegan.

      I wrote:
      We urge you and your family to go vegan as a family to spare your two lovely daughters the far higher risks associated with consuming the SAD - Standard American Diets AND to set the stage for a truly progressive administration going forwar
      d.

      Further, both symbolically around Thanksgiving AND as a "first day" effort ("today is the first day"), please SHOW compassion, not merely to your bested competitor, but also two these two lovely oxen in Vermont, Bill and Lou.

      Further, both symbolically around Thanksgiving AND as a "first day" effort ("today is the first day"), please SHOW compassion, not merely to your bested competitor, but also two these two lovely oxen in Vermont, Bill and Lou.

      I want to get the word "vegan" "out there" to Sasha, Malia, Michelle, AND Barack (and to Mrs. Robinson, who likely chooses the family's diet "with a heavy hand") !!

      Maynard
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Maynard S. Clark, MS (Management: Research Administration)
      Google Voice (617-615-9672) reaches all phones | GoogleChat: Maynard.Clark | Skype: MaynardClark
      RAC/GCRA, CIPP, RTP, NIH rDNA, REACH Intermediate certificates (+others)
      Blog Links LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Google Profile | ResearchGate | Academia.edu | Google+ | Xing
      Maynard.Clark@... and/or MClark@...

      Welcoming connections on LinkedIn and FANS at Facebook

      On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Michael Bedar <thelivingmichael@...> wrote:

      Hi Thoi,

      Nice to hear from you on this topic.  My reply would be to keep in mind, for perspective, that the President is no more pro-vegan than Mercola is.  But one is dishonoring his word to label GMOs and the other is working for labeling them.  Just want to point that out for consistency in whose credibility you and we all look up to.

      With love,
      Michael

      On Nov 7, 2012 11:23 AM, "Thoi Pham" <thoipham@...> wrote:

      Hi Kalpana,

      Thanks for your efforts to make food choices transparent.

      One thing I didn't like was finding out that Mercola.com, an anti-vegan group, was a major sponsor for carighttoknow.org's phone banking campaign.  For me, anything associated with Mercola.com reduces its credibility and the detriment outweighs the benefits of the financial support provided.

      Like you, I'll keep a lookout for future opportunities to regroup, look at all the opposition arguments, and develop a strategy for winning in the next round.  Thank god a progressive president is keeping the White House--that would be a great place to make a difference.

      Thanks, Thoi

      On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM, kalpana mehta <Shonumehta@...> wrote:

      Hi folks,
      We may have not won this time on Prop 37, but  we need to keep this fight alive, now that we have a momentum. We should start a blog for brainstorming what our next move can be and stay in the loop. IT is important for us to stay visible. Any suggestions?
      Kalpana

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic