10607Re: [SFVS] Prop 37

  • Thoi Pham
    Nov 7 11:36 AM
      Thanks Michael.  I've been more interested in influencing the admittedly hypocritical politician with his hands on the big levers because I think there's more potential and net gain here.  I don't see that changing at the moment, but I'm (somewhat uncomfortably) open to new possibilities :)

      On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Michael Bedar <thelivingmichael@...> wrote:

      Hi Thoi,

      Nice to hear from you on this topic.  My reply would be to keep in mind, for perspective, that the President is no more pro-vegan than Mercola is.  But one is dishonoring his word to label GMOs and the other is working for labeling them.  Just want to point that out for consistency in whose credibility you and we all look up to.

      With love,

      On Nov 7, 2012 11:23 AM, "Thoi Pham" <thoipham@...> wrote:

      Hi Kalpana,

      Thanks for your efforts to make food choices transparent.

      One thing I didn't like was finding out that Mercola.com, an anti-vegan group, was a major sponsor for carighttoknow.org's phone banking campaign.  For me, anything associated with Mercola.com reduces its credibility and the detriment outweighs the benefits of the financial support provided.

      Like you, I'll keep a lookout for future opportunities to regroup, look at all the opposition arguments, and develop a strategy for winning in the next round.  Thank god a progressive president is keeping the White House--that would be a great place to make a difference.

      Thanks, Thoi

      On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM, kalpana mehta <Shonumehta@...> wrote:

      Hi folks,
      We may have not won this time on Prop 37, but  we need to keep this fight alive, now that we have a momentum. We should start a blog for brainstorming what our next move can be and stay in the loop. IT is important for us to stay visible. Any suggestions?

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic