10380Dead deer on Portola Rd. and "Deer Alert" whistles for bumper

  • earthdon
    Sep 30, 2012
      I was driving along Portola Rd. Saturday night with girlfriend Esther and passed a dead deer in the bike lane, apparently hit by a car. Esther loves deer and cried for the next 10 minutes, and I promised her I'd remind folks on the Forum that deer whistle technology on their front bumper might prevent future collisions. I bought my "Deer Alert" pair of 'deer-pitched' whistles at O'Reilly's Auto Parts on El Camino in Redwood City for around $7? and while I can't be sure they've made a difference in living around here since 1998, I consider them a logical part of my personal "deer alertness" program. I've tried to keep them in mind ever since my childhood next door neighbor was killed in a collision with a deer in the Woodside area.

      Who is it best to call when spotting a dead or injured deer on or near the road, or elsewhere? Thanks...