Next Saturday there will be a Mexican Fiesta class at Cafe Gratitude in Berkeley. You are invited!
Here are the details:
August 11, 2012 9:00 am - 11:30 am
$49 per person
Cafe Gratitude in Berkeley
1730 Shattuck Avenue
register at www.rawbayarea.com
Mexican food is what many people crave when they want something hearty, cheesy, and comforting. And who doesn't love to munch on chips and salsa in front of a video? Unfortunately, traditional Mexican cuisine is notorious for being high in calories, greasy, and short on fresh veggies. But once you learn the raw food preparation techniques in this class, you'll be able to make a truly healthy as well as delicious Mexican Fiesta for yourself and your friends.
In Mexican Fiesta you will learn:
* How to use a dehydrator to make thin, crispy chips out of flax seeds and vegetables--perfect with guacamole.
* Which knife skills to use to dice up delicious homemade salsa.
* How to use a dehydrator to make flexible wraps out of vegetables--the perfect tortilla for enchiladas.
* How to use shredded cabbage to replace rice for a lighter version of Mexican rice.
* How to make a beautiful mango fruit tart with a coconut crust--delicious either as a dessert or as a light meal in itself.
Menu: Hot Red Pepper Chips, Salsa, Authentic Guacamole, Enchiladas de Verdura con Chili Colorado, Mexican Seasoned Cabbage, Tropical Fruit Tart
Complete details and registration at www.rawbayarea.com
Chef Heather Haxo Phillips
Raw Food Classes and Events / Certified Iyengar Yoga Instructor
Check out our Yelp reviews: Our Raw Food Classes here and Iyengar Yoga here.